TitanTV still useful for FTA?

swyman18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Honoka'a, HI
I’ve read a lot of info on using TitanTV to customize a guide for some FTA channels, but a lot of it seems to be rather old. Does anyone know if TitanTV is still useful in this regard? Supposedly you can create a custom lineup where you search for the channel name, or use a TitanTV code if one is available. I am able to create a custom lineup, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to search for the actual channel name or enter a TitanTV code. All I can do is choose existing lineups based on my location and create custom lineups based on that.

Does anyone still use TItanTV for FTA?

At TitanTV In a browser you can add channels one at a time to an existing lineup by clicking the Red Toolbox next to the lineup dropdown selector; then click "Edit Channels" in the panel of the lineup that you want to edit; then click "Add Channels" (generally in the upper left of screen); then "Find a Channel by Name"; then enter the name or portion of the name and a list of channel names will appear from which to select.

Hope this helps.

At TitanTV In a browser you can add channels one at a time to an existing lineup by clicking the Red Toolbox next to the lineup dropdown selector; then click "Edit Channels" in the panel of the lineup that you want to edit; then click "Add Channels" (generally in the upper left of screen); then "Find a Channel by Name"; then enter the name or portion of the name and a list of channel names will appear from which to select.

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks! That was the part I was missing, the Find Channel by Name option. I found it now.

Reactions: DRCars
There have been quite a few changes to satellite services over the years to where TitanTV needs to be updated.

Hate to bump a 2-year-old+ thread, but better than making a new one...unless a mod thinks otherwise...

I've been using TitanTV for my listings now for several years. Recently they started nagging about turning off my ad-blocker, but offered an option on the screen to continue without disabling it. Today, they flat-out stopped allowing use of their website without turning off my ad-blocker.

Now, I communicated with them a couple of months ago about going to a subscription basis. The site has value for me and I wouldn't mind paying monthly or yearly for using it, without their ads. The problem with their ads is that they are animated, sometimes just plain video too, overwrite parts of the screen where programming info is and take an inch+ of the sidebar, eating more bandwidth with updating ads that repeat multiple times and (as I mentioned) video.

They replied that they didn't want to manage a subscriber base and have to deal with pro-rating refunds, and on and on. I understand, that can be more than they want to deal with, but when I told them that their ads eat a lot of my bandwidth (that I pay for, obviously) and update in ways that are a really unproductive manner (duplicate ads at the same time in different places on the screen). No reply from them, and now, today, ad-blocker forbidden.

So, I went looking for another TV listings site and found TVTV.us. It's not bad, is customizable, but there are no programming descriptions - just times, titles and (year and category) after the titles.

Has anyone found something as good as TitanTV that isn't a bandwidth-hog when you enable ads?

Hate to bump a 2-year-old+ thread, but better than making a new one...unless a mod thinks otherwise...

I've been using TitanTV for my listings now for several years. Recently they started nagging about turning off my ad-blocker, but offered an option on the screen to continue without disabling it. Today, they flat-out stopped allowing use of their website without turning off my ad-blocker.

Now, I communicated with them a couple of months ago about going to a subscription basis. The site has value for me and I wouldn't mind paying monthly or yearly for using it, without their ads. The problem with their ads is that they are animated, sometimes just plain video too, overwrite parts of the screen where programming info is and take an inch+ of the sidebar, eating more bandwidth with updating ads that repeat multiple times and (as I mentioned) video.

They replied that they didn't want to manage a subscriber base and have to deal with pro-rating refunds, and on and on. I understand, that can be more than they want to deal with, but when I told them that their ads eat a lot of my bandwidth (that I pay for, obviously) and update in ways that are a really unproductive manner (duplicate ads at the same time in different places on the screen). No reply from them, and now, today, ad-blocker forbidden.

So, I went looking for another TV listings site and found TVTV.us. It's not bad, is customizable, but there are no programming descriptions - just times, titles and (year and category) after the titles.

Has anyone found something as good as TitanTV that isn't a bandwidth-hog when you enable ads?
Get uBlock Origin and Titantv works just fine,no ads,no nags.Also,get rid of any other ad blocks,otherwise you'll still have problems.

I'm not using uBlock and TitanTV works fine. But there is a Ghostery upgrade that works well with ad blocking and is probably why I don't have any more TitanTV issues. It has eliminated issues with other sites also.

I have been using Titan TV for quite awhile. I found it to be very accurate. My only problem with it is that recently the "block add" message keeps popping up. They give instructions on how to stop it but I have never been successful at deleting it.

I have been using Titan TV for quite awhile. I found it to be very accurate. My only problem with it is that recently the "block add" message keeps popping up. They give instructions on how to stop it but I have never been successful at deleting it.
Ghostery seems to be getting the job done. I still get momentary popups at various sites concerning cookies but the latest ghostery shuts them down.

Reactions: primestar31
I kept canceling the adblocker reminder window. Eventually it said I can’t use it with an adblocker. Well I tried, but the ads drag my computer down to the point I can’t use it. So I tried something from my dialup days, Noscript. Now it works fine. Only drawback is I can’t click around at the features. And I have to refresh the page for the current time. But at least it’s fast now, and way better than nothing.

Reactions: Diamond Jim