Got the 922 DVR, now some Sling problems ...

speedmaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
NY
Thanks for all of the advice last week. We went with the 922 Sling-enabled DVR, got it installed yesterday w/ a 47" Vizio LCD. ;-)

The HD channels come in fine, and I can see what's scheduled on the DVR from both a web browser and my iPad. I downloaded the Dish iPad app like I was instructed and was able to login okay.

But I have two questions I could use some help with. The Sling wireless device does appear to be connected properly and is visible from the DVR.

Sometimes on a web browser or the iPad app, when I click on a show I get the option to Watch Now or Record. Other times I only get Record. Any idea what is going on here? I verified that I'm looking at shows currently being broadcast, not stuff in the future.

Every time I try to watch a show on the iPad, I choose a show, click on the "Watch on iPad" button ... but then I always get the error message "Invalid FinderID" Any idea what that's all about?

Thanks VERY much in advance for the help,

Chris

Last edited:
This happened to me as well the first couple of days I had my 922 installed. I think its pretty common. It seems like the 922 takes a day or two to let Dishonline know that its connected. Make sure your receiver is set to go into standby mode at night so the box can grab the newest software/firmware updates. You might check the firmware of the Slingbox by hitting the menu button twice. Mine said the Sling firmware version was 0-0-0 for a couple of days while it wasn't working, then one morning it was at the newest firmware version and working.

Thanks, I hope that's all it is, otherwise I'll ask them to take the 922 and swap it for the 722 and credit me the difference.

This happened to me as well the first couple of days I had my 922 installed. I think its pretty common. It seems like the 922 takes a day or two to let Dishonline know that its connected. Make sure your receiver is set to go into standby mode at night so the box can grab the newest software/firmware updates. You might check the firmware of the Slingbox by hitting the menu button twice. Mine said the Sling firmware version was 0-0-0 for a couple of days while it wasn't working, then one morning it was at the newest firmware version and working.

Atomic, I think you nailed it. :)

I think it's working this morning. And I think I discovered the problem. As of bedtime last night the firmware for the Sling adapter was still reading "0-0-0." This morning it has an actual number so I guess it was updated during the night. Seems to be working on the iPad before I left the house.

Thanks again!

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)