DVR suggestions

TomA

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Charlotte, NC
My wife of many years wants a DVR for her TV which is not of the HD type. She wants to DVR some of her shows which come on after she goes to bed. What suggestions do any of you have for an inexpensive DVR for her to use and where I can locate one used or new?

I see you got great answers from empiretc, garys and josh.mcglothlen. To add to joshua.mcglothlen adding the VIP722 will give you HD for your TV1 and 55 hours of HD record time and up to 350 hours of SD record time. The DVR will be perfect since your wife likes to record programming after she goes to bed and there are easy steps to setup Timers so you never miss a recording.

My wife of many years wants a DVR for her TV which is not of the HD type. She wants to DVR some of her shows which come on after she goes to bed. What suggestions do any of you have for an inexpensive DVR for her to use and where I can locate one used or new?
You show a 222 receiver and NC for a location so I will assume you have Eastern Arc, thet means you need a MPEG4 receiver. The VIP 612/622 and 722 are the only MPEG4 DVR's and the 211 can have a Hard Drive added for $40 plus the cost of the hard drive. The most cost effective I think would be the 612. I picked mine up off ebay for less than a $100. Yes the 612 isn't perfect but I haven't found a DISH receiver that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)