Got the rca dtc210 - Need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

abarsami

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I'm new to this hd thing, so I need help.

I'm confused on aspect ratios.

I set the receiver to 16:9 and 1080i

Showtime HD says 1080i, but there are bars on the sides. It's like watching regular tv. Shouldn't it cover the entire screen.

ESPN, discover, hdnet - those are awesome full hd. They cover the entire screen.

ABC, NBC, CBS says 1080i but they have bars on the sides also. Is this because not all programs on these channels are hd?

I just found the answers... by pressing guide it tells me when the HD programs are going to air... with the HD symbol. Those with the bars are not HD programs... I understand now.

HD looks awesome I must say.

Component looks better than DVI when watching SD programming. But for HD I can't really tell the difference.

It just has 1080, 720, 480... no native mode.

CBS, NBC, Fox, abc... The nbcw, cbsw, foxw, abcw channels (1080i) - SD stuff compared to regular nbc, cbs, fox, abc - everything looks bigger on the regular channels compared to the (w) channels. It appears a little zoomed. The (w) channels looks more detailed and I can see a little more.

Is this normal?

Also abcw is stretched compared to abc on sd stuff.

Using your receiver, set the tv type you have...either 4:3 or 16:9. This changes your format options.

It's set to 16:9.

I am just wondering if the local (w) channels to local channels differences in SD is normal?

I might pick up the h10 from best buy just to test it out and see.

Well I picked up a H10 and it is not good. Audio sync problems and it does the same thing the rca does, but does it worse.

So, the rca is the one to keep. No audio/video sync problems at all.

Are you guys getting these as exchanges? If not, do some research on buying a make & model from the last season or two, like the Sony SAT-300, LG LSS-3200a, or the Hughes HTL-HD. These are far better receivers. New, in store models are NOT your only options (unless you are a new install). You can find some of these for LESS money than these crappy new ones most of the time.

D* LISTEN AGAIN!!! Re-think this one brand stuff because it is CRAP!

I did do the research and all have small problems here and there. I chose rca since I wanted something that was new. Or else I would have got the htl-hd. The rca and htl-hd have pretty similar picture, so I've been told.

Directv paid for mine, so no problems.

abarsami said:
Well I picked up a H10 and it is not good. Audio sync problems and it does the same thing the rca does, but does it worse.

So, the rca is the one to keep. No audio/video sync problems at all.

wow another person that had problems with the H-10. I have no problems with the H-10 at all except that I couldn't Set my Favorites. Other than that it has been working like a workhorse

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)