got voom on 129 need help on switch

iceviper

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
ok thanks all you guys for the help , i was able to set up another dish 500 and i got it at 129

after i got the signal i then went up to connect my other dish 500 which is pointed to 110/119 i connected 110/119 to sat1 on a SW21 switch and i conected the 129 dish 500 to sat 2 on the SW21 , i get 110 /119 in butt no 129 now

110/119 dish 500 i think it is a twin it has only 1 cable comeing from the lnbf for 119/119

the 129 dish 500 must be a duel it has two cables comeing out from each lnbf

my guess is they are not compatable , does the dish 1 have on 129 have to a twin also for this to work ?

are do i need a diffrent switch ?

need a little more info

Does the Twin (for 110/119) is that a DishPro? (it has a huge "DP" on the front of it?)

If so, then you need DishPro equipment (DP21 and a DP dual)

also maybe the system isn't recognizing it yet..I couldnt get it working the other day either (Legacy Twin/dual with a SW21)

no not a dish pro , it is a newer dish because dishnetwork installer installed it , and being it only has one cable comeing from both lnbfs it must be a twin ,

the other dish 500 has two cables it must be a duel it is a old dish i had ,

Still sounds like you may be mixing DishPro and legacy equipment. I think most newer installs are getting DishPro. The SW21 is legacy. Do any of your LNBs have a bold dp logo? Let's also make sure we're talking about the same thing:

Dual = 1 LNB, 2 outputs
Twin = 2 LNBs, 2 outputs, built-in switch, about 6" wide

Each has a legacy and DishPro version.

You should be able to do a Twin/SW21 or DP Twin/DP21 cascade as you described.

I took a picture of both dishes you can see them on my web site here
ice-viper.net

here what i get after i do a check switch
i do a switch check , and it shows : installed switch model: SW21 3-SAT
input: 1 1 1 1 2 2
satelite: 119 119 110 110 x x
polarity: odd even odd even x x

satellite reception verified

what was strange is when i hooked up the old dish stright to the rec. it picks up 129 just fine , and i get a " CONGRATULATION ON YOUR NEW DISH 1000 "

i am useing the 119 side of the old dish , if i use the 110 side will it make a diffrance i wounder?

here is system info :

dish 811
software P330

satellite: 119 110 x
signal: green green red x

device: SW21 3SAT

Two things then:

1. did you make sure that 119 is in the Sat. 1 side of the switch. (I'm not familiar with SW21's. But on the Dishpro version, Sat. 1 is listed on the switch)

2. could you have a bad switch.

One more thought.. Try switching where 119 and 129 are attached to the switch.

:cool:

Dish has a glut of the legacy lnbfs and switchs so we arent getting hardly any dp stuff to install right now until the inventory changes.

I just noticed in the pcitures that you have a flat roof and a wood shingle roof, are your dish's mounted to the flat roof as in bolted in?

Van said:
I just noticed in the pcitures that you have a flat roof and a wood shingle roof, are your dish's mounted to the flat roof as in bolted in?

they are mounted on top of a flat wood patio Awning , in front of recreational building,

yes i have 119/110 dish on sat1 on the sw1 switch and 129 is on sat2 ,

it could be a bad switch , what i woundering about is on this site scroll down to Lagacy where a list of sw switch , sw switch

he has one listed :SW21 - 3Sat - This is seen when you have either a 500 Twin or Quad OR an SW44 connected to a 3rd location with an SW21.
SW21 - 4Sat - This is seen when you have an SW64 connected to a 4th location with an SW21. This is also how a legacy receiver will "see" a DP+44 switch.

that SW21-3SAT is what my system info says i have ,

Odd! It is seeing them, but it won't let you lock onto 129!? Sheesh!

Did you try to install only 110 and 119 first! and then connect to 110, 119, and 129 after unplugging the unit? That way the receiver won't search for the satellites the minute you unscrew the cables from the swtich. That worked once for me.

so do mean turn off the power to the rec. hook up 110/119 then turn on the rec. then hook up 129 ?

i just tryed 110/119 on sat 2 on the sw1 by it self and i get no signal , so i thinking now i got a bad switch,

im going to buy a new one hopefully that will fix , :cool:

No. Try

1. remove the switch completely.
2. hook up 110 and 119 to receiver via single cable from 119 side and check switch
3. unplug receiver
4. connect switch to 119 in Sat 1. and 129 in Sat. 2 of switch
5. plug back in the receiver, run check switch...

It just might work. MIGHT

well i got it working , in the check switch screen i check marked super dish and alteritive dish , and did check switch and works great , before i just had alteritive one check marked

thanks for all the help :)

I had a similar issue. I swung my 148 dish over to 129 and hooked it up to my 508 (just to test before I look for a HD reciever.) I have A Legacy Dish 500 Twin and a Legacy Dish 300 Dual through a SW21.

Check switch has xx on the third satellite, but looking though the guide, I have channel 9901. Tuned in and saw "YOU HAVE A DISH 1000!"

No I don't, but I assume that means its working.

BTW, I am getting a stronger signal on 129 than I get on 110.

That was most of the point of the Twin LNB for me...at the time, it was cheaper than a SW64. Cheaper and less cables.

Hello I am trying to do the same thing here. Trying to get 110,119,129 using d500 and a d300 all running legacy LNBF. with sw21X cascade with sw21 switch. I also check marked super dish and alterative dish but I only get 110,119. if I just hook up 119 and 129 to sw-21 switch it works fine. but I can't get all 3 sat at once. I had this d500 and a KU LNBF on a 3ft dish and it was on 121 sat and all 3 sat worked great. but my locals went to 129 so i change the 3ft dish to a dss lnbf and put it on the 129. but it will not work. I have changed switches and no luck yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)