Gotta Cancel VOOM!! On principle Only...

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I called VOOM Friday and the rep determined I need a new box. Well Monday came and after 6 hours of being held hostage, I went to work. Voom wasnt all that upset and said they'd put a call in to (whoever).They didnt seem to care I was still w/o some HD channels and my day had been ruined. Well, now its Tuesday and I tried again to get somebody who would actuall give a sh-t that I was ready to cancel. All I need is a box dropped off--I'm not gonna take a tech's day up. Again, inexpicably, all I get from VOOM is "we put a call into crappyInstalls and they will call u back". Is that how u give customer service?? passing the entire buck onto another company?? What is that email where this guy actually gets things done?? I am cancelling tomorrow at noon if they cant get me a box by then.

Dude the CSRs are bimbos, but Installs Inc is freaking useless, e-mail Wilt Hildenbrand, also make Voom give you a credit or you will cancel.

Wilt Wilt Wilt....that's everyone answer for any kind of problem you have with Voom.
I don't think he can solve everyones problem, from what I hear he has his own issues right now

If you dont like what's going on cancel. That's what I did. I voted with my wallet.

Voom has some major problems right now. I'm surprised you don't have a billing problem. Have they fixed that yet?

Dvlos said:
Dude the CSRs are bimbos, but Installs Inc is freaking useless, e-mail Wilt Hildenbrand, also make Voom give you a credit or you will cancel.

You are right. They will give you a credit for all the lost reception, but you can't say I lost two weeks unless you had called and they recorded the fact that you had lost service. I have had 3 boxes replaced now.

I feel sorry for Wilt the whole company and 1/2 billion dollars rests on his shoulder. Not to add any pressure on him. I never had a need to send out the Wilt Bat Signal, yet!

Yes, "passing the entire buck to another company" is EXACTLY how everybody in the satellite business does it. How else could they? They cant fly installers all over the US for free installs, and then back again to help the losers who put their remote batteries in backwards.

You must understand, it doesn't matter what satellite provider you order service from. Voom, dish, blah blah, The SAME guy will come out and install it. There are guys who just do this stuff for a living, the big satellite companies get them to do the work. You can't blame Voom for the guy not showing up, the local guy dropped the ball.

Its like Dell computers if you buy on-site warranty service. When you have a problem, they don't actually send a guy from Dell headquarters, they send a guy from the local computer shop down your street and he gets paid from Dell.

By the way, I have had nothing but great service from Voom-they have answered every question and done everything possible to help me. They are even installing a new antenna for me so I can get more stations, I couldn't be happier.

Also, why don't YOU call the local installer and talk to him. He may understand completly and just meet you after work at your place with the new STB. My guy calls me and changes the appointments that Voom gives me-that way we can both get the exact appt. time that fits our schedules. This kind of attitude takes you much further than a "gimme gimme gimme now now now or else" attitude. Its nice to feel like you have the power to just cancel and stick it to 'em, but the CSR really doesn't give a flying f* if you cancel. Basically you are cancelling because the local guy didn't make his appointment, and Voom can't do anything about that. They can submit 1000 work orders, but if the dudes a flake it doesn't matter, and he works for ALL the other satellite companies too.

--Dan

Dvlos said:

The part about emailing Wilt everytime you have a problem has run its course.
There has got to be a more organized/professional approach VOOM can use to resolve issues.

I would hate to see my name plastered all over this board as VOOM's version of the "Shell Answer Man".

I never "emailed Wilt". I didn't want to bother him since he has 24,999 other customers as well.

I would love to start a thread called "If You Have Emailed Wilt, Has He Really Helped You?" to see how it's going but I don't think the moderators would allow the post.

mattyro,

It is up to you if you want to email Wilt. He has never said what his "various secretaries" in this forum are saying. So it's up to you if you want to another avenue to resolve the problem.

gutter said:
You are right. They will give you a credit for all the lost reception, but you can't say I lost two weeks unless you had called and they recorded the fact that you had lost service. I have had 3 boxes replaced now.

Are you sure your problems have anything to do with the boxes? The crummy installers that came out always wanted to change the box for every damn thing. I found 2 decent Sat. companies here and I force Installs inc to only send me those two companies.

Moderator Note: edit out of topic discussion.

Gawd,

I get sick of these church going mods deleting everything. I thought Ashcroft was an idiot, but I see the mods here are the most anal people around.

I'm not eben going to spell check anymore. I think they'll do it for me.

Why even post I just just email them ask what the neonazi free speech is allowed.

Hell now i think I'm going to cancel Voom and blame it all on Sean Mota when I call Voom.

dankgus said:
Yes, "passing the entire buck to another company" is EXACTLY how everybody in the satellite business does it. How else could they? They cant fly installers all over the US for free installs, and then back again to help the losers who put their remote batteries in backwards.

You must understand, it doesn't matter what satellite provider you order service from. Voom, dish, blah blah, The SAME guy will come out and install it. There are guys who just do this stuff for a living, the big satellite companies get them to do the work. You can't blame Voom for the guy not showing up, the local guy dropped the ball.

Its like Dell computers if you buy on-site warranty service. When you have a problem, they don't actually send a guy from Dell headquarters, they send a guy from the local computer shop down your street and he gets paid from Dell.

By the way, I have had nothing but great service from Voom-they have answered every question and done everything possible to help me. They are even installing a new antenna for me so I can get more stations, I couldn't be happier.

Also, why don't YOU call the local installer and talk to him. He may understand completly and just meet you after work at your place with the new STB. My guy calls me and changes the appointments that Voom gives me-that way we can both get the exact appt. time that fits our schedules. This kind of attitude takes you much further than a "gimme gimme gimme now now now or else" attitude. Its nice to feel like you have the power to just cancel and stick it to 'em, but the CSR really doesn't give a flying f* if you cancel. Basically you are cancelling because the local guy didn't make his appointment, and Voom can't do anything about that. They can submit 1000 work orders, but if the dudes a flake it doesn't matter, and he works for ALL the other satellite companies too.

--Dan

Oh but yes the fault is with Voom. They hired the morons that don't show up. They should replace them. However in my humble opinion Voom can solve almost all of the install nightmares by allowing self installs. Especially if the guy only needs a box hooked up. Yes this is Voom's fault.
I had D before. I installed the system myself and had zero problems. Voom will not allow this. Yes it is Voom's fault.

Bob

Guys are a bunch of fri*** cry babies

What a bunch of crybabies. I have had voom for five months, love it. I had D* and E* for years and years after they promised us HD , E* nigged on their whole superdish 50HD channels deal. I waited 2 1/2 years for the 921 and when it finally came out was flawed with bugs . Voom gave me something to watch after a $5 grand investment in my Mitsubishi Diamond 656813, for which i am eternally grateful. For a young company not even a year old they are giving me 40 HD channels ,and plan to offer many more very soon, which even these giant multibillion dollar companies are not. Shame on them.

All you guys who constantly critique Voom, have Voom to thank for providing the impetus to D* to add more HD channels. Had it not been for voom you guys wouldn't see more HD channels on your providers for another four years. If voom is gone so is our HD revolution.

About Installs iNc. All you have to do is call Voom and tell them you are unhappy with your installer and they will send you a new one, different company. You then call the company directly when they call or email you and talk to a rep there, who is local. I did that for my antenna, and got a new installer who put in a new antenna for local channels.

Life is tough, don't be a a crybaby. I came to this country from India i couldn't even speak English well . I put myself to school, faced discrimination , today i am a USC MBA with a dry cleaning business in West HOllywood to the movie industry with 71 employeesl I face challenges with Workmans Compensation cases, lazy technicians to fix my machines, but i still survive, I work hard deal with problems and am grateful in life. No body hands anything to you on a silver platter.

All you guys that can't get a voom instally rite shame on you. Don't blame voom. Appreciate Wilt for the fact that he takes time to help us without gettting paid extra cause he cares. He has helped so many of us answer questions and make our vooming easier. It is not easy to do your job then monitor two forums, yahoo and satellite guys, and on top of reading peoples issues taking the time to get involved and solve the problems. Wilt is incredible , he is my symbol of Voom. A proactive organization. Wilt rocks

So all you crybabies , stop beating your tired drum all day. Your don't like voom cancel and stop posting here. We come here to get valuable information not to here you guy constantly gripe. Get a life

calikarim said:
What a bunch of crybabies. I have had voom for five months, love it. I had D* and E* for years and years after they promised us HD , E* nigged on their whole superdish 50HD channels deal.

You get it, I get it. I have bad stories to tell with E*, and D* who has the most financial resources is the slowest moving HD "advocate". Here comes Voom delivering the HD, they've listened to many of the comments on forums and looks like they are the most dynamic company out there... so what do some HD owners do? Spend their day on this forum bitching about Voom.

Sorry but Wilt is not the issue here. It is really a disservice that anyone does when you start posting jokes about Wilt. Anything else posted about bashing Wilt will be deleted without warning. Wilt has been too kind to everyone here to deserve these type of comments (even if he was not associated with VOOM).

mattyro,

Please don't give up on VOOM. VOOM has always given me great customer service. I never had a problem with their billing. The one time I had an issue, I emailed Wilt and he immediately took care of it.

I called for service call with VOOM. The VOOM rep said it would be two weeks before they could come. I called back the next day to find out who would be making the call. They gave me their number. I called them and they scheduled an immediate service call and showed up when promised. After scheduling your call, you should talk to the company that will be making the call. At least in my area, they were much more obliging than the VOOM rep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)