Gotta love Sling TV...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
While Sling doesn't have every channel Vue has, or DVR (we do have VOD), Sling seems to be the most stable. Other companies like SFN TV have gone away for now, DirecTV is late on delivering their product, and Vue is dropping Viacom. So to me, Sling seems to be the most stable, even at a slower pace. Sometimes the hare doesn't always win the race. It's the turtle. Remember that story?

I would love it if Sling would get cloud DVR like Vue. VOD is fine but you have to watch commercials on almost all of them.

I just love no DVR fee with Vue and no mirroring fee. That has to be the worst fee. A fee to mirror your package. So with Vue we already saved $25 in fees. So why is the DVR fee $15 and why does it have to go up almost every year?

People cut the cord because of the fees. Those are things they control. Programming prices go up. They try but can't control that sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

The On Demand and access to online content is something that is worth the extra $5 in my mission for the EPL. The picture for Vue is a bit better, but I didn't dislike SlingTV. I'm just too busy to watch too many things live.

We could never get Sling to not buffer on Sunday, we only got it for Red Zone so that's problematic.

DirecTV being late means little when these are all month-to-month services. Consumers are fickle, all things remaining the same they go with the best option and at some point it will be as easy as a couple of mouse clicks and telling the family to open one app instead of the other.

Sling is the hare in this race, they set the pace, remains to be seen if they'll keep it.

I had no trouble last night watching it. It's 99.9% always worked well for me and recommend it to everyone. All service providers have outages. It's a fact of life.
Very true. But when it lasted for at least and hour during prime time and some(you)were able to connect, it still looks like they don't have the equipment to handle all their customers.

I had no trouble last night watching it. It's 99.9% always worked well for me and recommend it to everyone. All service providers have outages. It's a fact of life.
You must have been the only one. Go to downdetector.com and look at all the comments of people who couldn't connect. Even Sling said they had a nationwide outage yesterday that lasted a long time. People couldn't watch anything and no Monday night football either.

The sling gods must have blessed you.

You must have been the only one. Go to downdetector.com and look at all the comments of people who couldn't connect. Even Sling said they had a nationwide outage yesterday that lasted a long time. People couldn't watch anything and no Monday night football either.

The sling gods must have blessed you.
I had one 5 minute outage of Monday night football. That was it. The picture came back grainy for a minute or so, then corrected perfect. Like I said, 99.9% of the time I have no problems. I would hardly call my having a 5 minute or so outage a big problem

I had one 5 minute outage of Monday night football. That was it. The picture came back grainy for a minute or so, then corrected perfect. Like I said, 99.9% of the time I have no problems. I would hardly call my having a 5 minute or so outage a big problem

You obviously didn't check out the comments on that site. 5 minutes try over 5 hours. From all parts of the country.

Sling God loves you.

You obviously didn't check out the comments on that site. 5 minutes try over 5 hours. From all parts of the country.

Sling God loves you.
No, I didn't check out that site. Why would I when my service was only out 5 minutes? I've had Comcast before where the periodic outages lasted for weeks and people will complain if it doesn't work perfect 24-7. No provider guarentees service free of interruptions. It's not humanly possible. 5 hours is a long time but like I said try Comcast with weeks. No comparison. And I watched Monday night football with very little interruption on ESPN on Sling. If you are that unhappy with the service, switch to Vue, cable or satellite. I guarantee you they will have outages too. Satellite, wind rain. Cable, amplifier outage, cable line down, head end or node problem. But I'm sticking with them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)