Too many devices error?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
So, I signed up for the Orange and Blue combo a few days ago, the way I understand it was 3 devices at once.

I was experimenting with the Sling app on my phone this morning, while watching Gameday on the Roku. Whenever I would pull up the content on the phone app it would kick out the Roku and give me the error.

Am I missing something? This is kinda key for me because I need to run two tv's with my roku and fire tv on college football saturdays, and just figured Id use each device and that will still allow one more device to connect.

So, I signed up for the Orange and Blue combo a few days ago, the way I understand it was 3 devices at once.

I was experimenting with the Sling app on my phone this morning, while watching Gameday on the Roku. Whenever I would pull up the content on the phone app it would kick out the Roku and give me the error.

Am I missing something? This is kinda key for me because I need to run two tv's with my roku and fire tv on college football saturdays, and just figured Id use each device and that will still allow one more device to connect.
Every channel ABC/Disney related can only be watched one device at a time. That includes the ESPN/SEC channels, Disney & Freeform. You cannot watch ESPN Game day on more than one device at the same time.

Ok, that explains it then.

Are you able to watch say ESPN on sling on one roku, and have the second roku running watch espn?

Ok, that explains it then.

Are you able to watch say ESPN on sling on one roku, and have the second roku running watch espn?

We switched from Sling to Vue but from what I remember if you login to WatchESPN app it will still count as your one stream allowed. No way to watch more than one ESPN/Disney stream with Sling that I am aware. Vue gives 5 concurrent streams.

You can use the watch ESPN app at the same time.

Edit: or you could. Post above me indicates this may not be the case

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Finally able to mess around with it this AM, was gone to game last weekend.

Fire tv on one tv, Roku on other. I only seem to be limited to one ESPN or ESPN 2 at a time, but can watch either of those with U, ESPN3, News and SEC. Makes sense since I pay xtra for those other ESPN's. It would be pretty sorry if you paid extra for the sports channels and then limited to on device.

Nope, wrong. Sometimes it just takes more time to boot you. Not a big deal now, since football is almost over and I still have a Directv login for a bit longer, but that wont be acceptable next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)