Gotta question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

partyharty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Hello,

I have a twinhan 1025 dvb-s card and I am running along just fine on G10R. I have built up several shows that I want to archive as Xvid files on a dvd.

Now the question, how do I go about doing this? I am trying to stick with freeware (although I do have the Nero suite to actually burn the dvd). I have virtualdub - mpeg and it opens and allows me to cut the file and everything, it just screws with the a/v sync.

I have been able to turn them into xvid's and burn them to disk but the A/V sync is out (like 3-4 seconds off). This is not the case when I am just watching them.

I am currently using the software that came with the card (becuase it appeared to be fairly easy to setup and run scheduled recordings). I have downloaded Prog-dvb but thats about all I have done with it (the Twinhan software was working pretty good and I didnt want to loose the remote functionality).

So how is everyone else getting this to work?

Thanks,
Chris

well for cutting out, for example the beginning/ending and any commercials, i've always used womble mpeg-vcr, wich has a 30 day free full functional trial, never had audio sync issues yet. Then it's off to the Gordian Knot package for my xvid encoding needs, they do have "autoGK" you might wanna try, seeing how the gordian knot proceidure is kinda complicated to explain here.

simulated said:
i've always used womble mpeg-vcr.

Another good program, Womble also corrects a lot of problems with capped video automagically, turns it into an SVCD compliant stream which is easily transcoded into half D1 for an 8-hour single layer DVD.

Cascade said:
Chris, is the sync issue immediate or does it gradually drift out as the file plays?

[/url]

Well here lately I have problems viewing the stream in pretty much any player (other than vdub/the twinhan software).

As for sync. If it opens the sync is out from the beginning, If I open it via the Twinhan software it is in sync.

I am actually very well versed in Vdub as I have used it for quite a few of my other projects (which is why I was trying to stick with it). I have also used Gordian Knot (as well as autogk).

I am guessing that my audio/video stream is out of sync from the beginning (Because the twinhan does not make a compliant mpeg2 stream). I have done a bit of research on this and it is a common issue (alot of people have this as a problem). I am trying a few solutions (including cuttermaran) and I am hoping to come up with a winner.

Will let you know what I come up with.

Chris

For editing my mpeg files that I record with MyTheatre, I use VideoReDo. It is not free, but does have a free trial. I strongly suggest that you give it a try. It is extremely easy to edit the begining and end of my files and also to cut out the commercials. This is definitely one program that I find is well worth buying. Try the free trial for yourself and you will soon endup buying it too. VideoReDo will definitely not loose the sync in your files. If it plays in sync before VideoReDo, it will still be in sync after VideoReDo or they will try their best to fix it. I had some problems with it when I first tried it, and the support was better than I could of expected. Questions were answered in less than an hour, not a few days or never like other software I have tried. Just can't say enough good about them. (and no I am not affiliated with them, just a very satisified customer) VideoReDo is planning to be able to handle DIVX files in the future, but for now they will edit your mpeg files.
I use MyTheatre to record my shows off of G10R, then use VideoReDo to trim the shows and fix the files. (quick stream fix works wounders on corrupted streams) I do not go the length of converting then to DIVX, but burn the MPEG files to DVD and watch them on my DVD player that also plays MPEG files.
Don't take my word for them, give it a try and see for yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)