Government of Canada C Band Survey

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I received an email today from the government regarding C Band TVRO use, with links to a survey and mention of a 2022 spectrum auction.

Hello/Bonjour:

Innovation, Science and Economic Canada (ISED) is in the process of collecting information on satellite dish use for the reception of satellite television in the frequency range 3700-4200 MHz. You are being contacted because you may be currently using or know of an organization that is using this frequency range for satellite dish operations.

If this applies to you, ISED encourages you to please visit the following link Spectrum Advisory Bulletin SAB-001-19 – Request for information on fixed satellite service (FSS) earth stations operating in the 3700-4200 band for further information regarding ISED’s request.

The following link Information requested for earth stations (satellite dishes) currently used for direct television program viewing in the C-Band (3700-4200 MHz) will bring you to the form where you can provide information on your operations. ISED will use this information to take into account existing users when considering any future changes to the C-Band. Please also do not hesitate to forward this email onto other organizations who may be using this frequency range for similar purpose.

ISED will be accepting information on satellite dish use until November 1, 2019. Should you have any questions, please contact ISED at ic.spectrumengineering-genieduspectre.ic@canada.ca.

Innovation, Sciences et Développement économique Canada (ISDE) procède à une collecte de renseignements sur l’utilisation des antennes paraboliques pour recevoir les signaux de télévision par satellite dans la gamme de fréquences de 3 700-4 200 MHz. Nous communiquons avec vous parce que vous exploitez peut-être ou connaissez peut-être un organisme qui exploite cette gamme de fréquences pour des activités utilisant des antennes paraboliques.

Si c’est votre cas, ISDE vous invite à suivre le lien suivant pour en savoir plus sur sa demande : Bulletin consultatif sur le spectre SAB-001-19 – Demande de renseignements sur les stations terriennes du service satellite fixe (SSF) exploitées dans la bande de 3 700 à 4 200 MHz.

Le lien Renseignements demandés sur les stations terriennes (antennes paraboliques) actuellement utilisées pour le visionnage d’émissions de télévision en direct dans la bande C (3 700-4 200 MHz) contient le formulaire à utiliser pour fournir des renseignements sur vos activités. ISDE utilisera les renseignements fournis pour tenir compte des utilisateurs actuels lors de l’étude de toutes modifications ultérieures dans la bande C. De plus, nous vous invitons à transmettre le présent courriel à d’autres organismes qui exploitent peut-être cette gamme de fréquences à des fins similaires.

ISDE recevra les renseignements sur l’utilisation des antennes paraboliques jusqu’au 1er novembre 2019. Si vous avez des questions, veuillez envoyer un courriel à ISDE à l’adresse ic.spectrumengineering-genieduspectre.ic@canada.ca.

Chantal Davis

Director, Spectrum Regulatory Best Practices, Spectrum Licensing Policy Branch

Innovation, Science and Economic Development / Government of Canada

Chantal.Davis2@canada.ca / Tel: 613-219-5436 / TTY: 1-866-694-8389

Directrice, Pratiques exemplaires de la réglementation du spectre, Direction générale de la politique des licences du spectre

L'Innovation, des Sciences et du Développement économique / Gouvernement du Canada

Chantal.Davis2@canada.ca / Tél: 613-219-5436 / ATS: 1-866-694-8389

Here's the thing...somehow they already knew I had a C Band dish and knew my email address to send me the info, so giving them my address, dish size and which sats I can receive seems reasonable. Besides, who can say 'no' to that dreamboat Justin...

I filled it out. Doubt they going to show up at your location.Probably just a dot on a map that may prevent possible interference from 5g tower or might get you free filter if 1 goes up. I think in US cband alliance was refunding for registration and any filter required for registered earth stations.

Funny I didn't get this email, I know the spectrum management people locally quite well. Guess I didn't get added to their database. Thank you for posting the info pacificrim. I'll fill one out for each C-band dish I have.
I'll check with local broadcast engineers and see if they have registered their downlink antennae as well and forward your link. Could be that there may not be a push locally for the installation of interfering devices (5g or whatever) in this area.
-C.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts