GPB on AMC-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
The DCII signal I had on my DSR-4200 is gone. They said it would end on 12-18 but it lasted through yesterday. I lost it once before, and got it back with a re-peaking of the dish. Before I move this dish, can someone confirm this signal is actually gone this time? It's K3 640 on 4DTV, or 400 on a DSR 4200. Thanks Guys!:)

I dont see it moving (at least GPBS itself) as Georgia would be better elevation for the dishes being on 87.

The educational stuff is moving
Education | Georgia Public Broadcasting

but I think GPTV will stay on 87W...lemme fire up the 905 and see what I can pick up
Guys, being from Georgia, I don't know what they are doing. But, the info in your links, doesn't have anything to do with a satellite feed. I don't know how they are distributing to their statewide network? My guess is probably an S2 feed that hasn't been discovered yet? But, since they were already using DC2 for their feeds, they may have just moved to a different channel/transponder? Maybe they have gone back to Microwave, or Telephone Lines? Who knows...? For OTA Digital TV they currently have 3 channels. DT1 = GPB HD (which is rarely in HD, well I guess it is HD only it's upconverted and usually stretched), DT2 = GPB Kids SD (coming soon, it was an SD of the main GPB feed, but now it's a coming soon barker), DT3 = GPB Knowledge Network SD. And they have ideas of an Outdoor/Travel type channel, only time will tell?

Here's a nugget of info on their site. I guess they are moving to OTA. Odd.

So I am guessing they are done with satellite altogether or just for PBS only feeds?!?
jself, they have been OTA since the early 60's, maybe 50's.

The BLSA shows no signal on AMC 3 where GPB used to be. I don't see any new signal there either.

Here's a nugget of info on their site. I guess they are moving to OTA. Odd.

I find it odd in that they mention one would need to tune GPB Knowledge for the education courses, available off-air or by internet. Later in the link, it talks about commercial satellite, which I thought is what they are moving away from.

Maybe the "commercial satellite" language is in error.

I'll check AMC-21 with a fine tooth comb tomorrow and see if I can find just one channel, GPB Knowlege at maybe 2-4 MHz of sat space use. I am ASSuming Athens and Atlanta and whatever decent sized cities will be getting their programming from PBS directly and feeding smaller networks of translators themselves, instead of using the former GPTV satellite feeder to feed the whole network of stations/translators around the state.

bummer...that leaves a few KU DCII channels....well one (Oklahoma PBS) if you dont have a 905
(the 905 will work with the Starchoice maps but the 920/922 throw up when it locks on those)

I waited until GPB went dark on AMC3, to re-point the 1.2 to AMC21, to try and get PBS HD....well after screwing with it for nearly 2 HOURS this evening, and getting ONE 10% "blip" of signal that I never could find again, it looks like I'll be getting my PBS OTA from now on!:mad: I'll try to point that dish towards Whitesprings on 129 tomorrow.:rolleyes: Not a good move by PBS as far as I can see!:down

euro

125 is pretty strong....try and lock 123 then move it west oh so slightly and you'll have PBS in no time :)

I would use either
12180 V 30000 or
12140 V 30000

to lock the transponder..but once you lock it, do a scan....there might be some data TP's on other sats near those frequencies

GOT IT!!! Watching "Live From Lincoln Center" in beautiful HD! Thanks Ice! Oh, the quality on that transponder (HD) is about 54%. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)