GPS for Hunting

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Going hunting on the other side of the state in June... (5th largest in land area) don't need anything fancy, just something that will find our camp and not let us end up in El Paso ;)
This
Garmin™ nuvi® 265WT GPS Receiver

or this

TomTom® XL 340S 4.3" GPS Receiver w/ TTS

both are on sale at Radio Shack, and we will be close to our hunting area Tuesday so I would like to get either today or Monday to update.. (might get to scout a little) keep in mind this would be mainly rural use...

Last edited:
I would also go with a Garmin, problem is they have about a 1000 different ones. Too many to chose from.

If you go to the Garmin webpage you can see them all and narrow them down by what you need on yours.

If your looking for the car or motorcycle.

On the Road

You could check the Costco website to see what they have.
I have never ordered anything from the website, not sure if they would ask for a membership card ID when ordering or not.

The Costco's around here have the Garmin 1450 (on website)and one other maybe the 265 or something like that, the 1490T (in store) is a larger screen.

Garmin without a doubt. We have a 205W. Inexpensive and works great. Don't get sucked into extra features you don't need; and since I doubt there is ANYWHERE in NM where you could take advantage of traffic services, save the cash on those features.

I want the new 1690 from Garmin which is there big boy one lol. Mainly as i can use the extra features considering i drive back and forth from fl to ny and the traffic and other feature come in handy.

Re: WHAT GPS NAV WOULD YOU BUY?

I want the new 1690 from Garmin which is there big boy one lol. Mainly as i can use the extra features considering i drive back and forth from fl to ny and the traffic and other feature come in handy.
I have a 1690 and love it. Feel free to ask questions.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I just order us a Tom Tom 5 inch model. I like their site better and their software runs well our neighbors let us borrow theirs really liked it. Starting this week Tom Tom got some models that come with Lifetime Updates on their Maps and Traffic. I order the XXL 540TM here the link on Amazon. I really like the Lifetime Updates cant beat that plus they have a trade in program where you can trade your old units in toward newer model.

Amazon.com: tomtom lifetime maps: Electronics

Last edited:
Took a big road trip this past week and took along a Garmin 1390. I was very impressed by it...very nice unit!

Yes. It's ok, but nothing to write home about. With my Hero, it does NOT transfer the phone book. It also is hit/miss on getting the Caller-ID.

Going hunting on the other side of the state in June... (5th largest in land area) don't need anything fancy, just something that will find our camp and not let us end up in El Paso ;)
This
Garmin™ nuvi® 265WT GPS Receiver

or this

TomTom® XL 340S 4.3" GPS Receiver w/ TTS

both are on sale at Radio Shack, and we will be close to our hunting area Tuesday so I would like to get either today or Monday to update.. (might get to scout a little) keep in mind this would be mainly rural use...
Ended up with the Garmin above, and some software that I need to get loaded on it that shows land ownership here in this state... half the price of a mobile unit with more features, and at our age we aren't going to be walking all day anymore hunting... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)