GPTV-PBS on AMC-3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

n4bbq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2004
Dahlonega, Ga
Is is shown as a free channel, but I cannot get a signal from the transponder at 11985V (SR=19510).

So is it FTA or not?

I do have a DSR4200 in scrap somewhere. Their website mentions one of these...

I typed in those coords manually and found nothing. I am doing a newtwork and then a blind scan to see if anything comes up. Midnight is a tough time for PBS, but I will search again in the morning if no one finds anything by then.

Without looking I believe that GPTV is a Digicipher Clear signal maening you cannot receive it with a DVB receiver.

Wholeshoe

A DSR-4200 will work I believe, I have used a DSR-4500 to tune in Clear Digicipher signals and if the 4200 is a digicipher receiver it should work too.

Wholeshoe

yes
any dcii receiver that can decode them should be able to.

I have a DSR410 that can do DCII, but wont do these (it says waiting authorization) :(

I believe if you live in Georgia, you can call and get authorized. of course, that doesn't you too much good, eh Iceberg? hehehehe

no biggie.....I already have 5 PBS stations (4 in my DMA and Montana PBS)
So I really dont need another one :)

For C-Band, there is analog...which the old anlaog receivers work with
Now that there is encrypted digital on C-Band, the machine that uses that is 4DTV

The analog receivers with the VCII (VideoCipher II) boxes will work with scrmabled analog channels (like it use to be and still is). But the problem is its one channel per transponder. Not much room there

So they came out with digital (DCII), where they can fit "muxes" of channels on a transponder (like 5 Showtimes) on a channel instead of using TP 1 for Showtime East and TP 2 for Showtime West. This is where 4DTV comes in. When authorized, it can unscramble the old analog VCII channels AND the digital DCII channels. It can also get the unscrambled DCII stuff and the analog free stuff.

The only stuff it can't get is the DVB stuff. thats where the Pansat, Fortec, Microyal's of the world come in.

Someone with a C/Ku dish, 4DTV and a DVB receiver is BIG PIMPIN :D:D:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)