Grand Theft Auto IV Information...

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
This post might not be appreciated but I'm new here so I'm just sort of "learning the system". Anyways, I was checking out the Rockstar Games website today and after clicking over for information about the new Grand Theft Auto game, I came to the following website....

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

Simply put, it looks as though the game is simply referred to (on that site) as FOUR (using roman numerals). Also, it has a real time countdown clock that indicates the days, hours, minutes, and seconds that are ultimately counting down to a trailer of the game. We should see the first trailer for the game sometime in late March provided there aren't any delays. I think it will be interesting (especially since the game will launch for both the 360 and PS3 at the same time) to see if screens in the trailer come from the PS3 version of the game or the 360 version...

Cade

thank you for the post, it is very much appercaited!!! Many people on this forum are looking forward to this game...and as you already mentioned wondering if it will be better for the ps3, or 360!

by the way :welcome

The rumor I seem to remember is that each system will have exclusive content. It will be interesting to see if that makes the game better on one platform or the other.

The rumor I seem to remember is that each system will have exclusive content. It will be interesting to see if that makes the game better on one platform or the other.

I have heard those same rumors. On one forum (I'm not sure if it was IGN, Gamepro, etc), it seems as though I also recall rumors about "add-on" content in the form of a new disc (new city and missions).

Oh, and the other rumor I seem to keep hearing is that the game will be set somewhere around London.

Cade

thank you for the post, it is very much appercaited!!! Many people on this forum are looking forward to this game...and as you already mentioned wondering if it will be better for the ps3, or 360!

by the way :welcome

Thanks! I LOVE the site!! I posted an article in the Chit Chat welcome section about my gaming, DISH, etc. Anyways, I have eagerly anticipated every Grand Theft Auto since GTA3. As you might guess, I have every one of them (including Liberty City Stories) for the PS2. Since I don't have a PSP yet (and Rockstar has already said they would not put a port of Vice City Stories onto the PS2) I have yet to play GTAVCS.

Cade

I liked Vice City a lot and the original GTA but those are the only two I've played. The main reason I liked Vice City though was due to the fact that I had it for the PC and could downloaded modded cars and add my own cars and bikes into the game. I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as much without being able to do that but I still think I'd like to pick it up for the PS3 when it comes out.

Thanks! I LOVE the site!! I posted an article in the Chit Chat welcome section about my gaming, DISH, etc. Anyways, I have eagerly anticipated every Grand Theft Auto since GTA3. As you might guess, I have every one of them (including Liberty City Stories) for the PS2. Since I don't have a PSP yet (and Rockstar has already said they would not put a port of Vice City Stories onto the PS2) I have yet to play GTAVCS.

Cade

According to Gamefly, Vice City Stories is available for PS2 now.

According to Gamefly, Vice City Stories is available for PS2 now.

THANKS for the heads-up!! I stand corrected on the original statement, too. I do recall at one time, though, that Rockstar said there would not be an edition of Vice City Stories for PS2. I guess it's all about the almighty dollar, though. And yeah... I have gone ahead and ordered that game from EBgames.com.

By the way, how do you like Gamefly? Is the shipping rather quick? I like the idea of taking a game for a test drive before purchase...

Cade

How I got into them was that I had a three month trial certificate that I had received as a gift. It would be an ideal service if you want to try out a bunch of games before buying them, and then go out and buy them. I didn't continue my service because I couldn't really justify paying $20 a month or so for my kind of use. But, I still use them for references on game info.

There shipping was pretty good. Not as fast as Netflix, but usually if you sent something out by Monday, you'd have a new game at the end of the week.

One cool feature is that you can buy games from them for decent prices. Some of them are even lower than what I've seen at the game shops in the area. If you already had the game at home, you could buy it and they'd send you the box and other meterials with no shipping cost.

And yeah... I have gone ahead and ordered [Vice City Stories] from EBgames.com.
Just warning you. Although the major bugs from the PSP have been fixed (car-eating garages, disappearing empires, etc) there are still some pretty bad things in the PS2 port:

1) Atrocious aiming. Worse than ANY previous GTA game. It purposely targets peds/allies before enemies (EVEN PEDS THAT ARE BEHIND YOU ARE SEEN AS A BIGGER THREAT THAN THE GANG SHOOTING AT YOU).
2) Constant gang attacks once you begin acquiring empires. And I do mean constant. I had 4 gang attacks occur one after another with not even 1 second between them (and I'm not exaggerating).
3) The main story line is SHORT. 10 hours short. I know it was created for a handheld, but that's just way too short.

Other than that (and other common GTA annoyances), it's still pretty good. Far better than the PS2 port of Liberty City Stories.

Hey Jake :welcome to the forums

how would you rate the game? is it a must buy or rent? just wondering as I would love to get it for the Ps2 (well ps3) if its worth it.

THANKS for the heads-up!! I stand corrected on the original statement, too. I do recall at one time, though, that Rockstar said there would not be an edition of Vice City Stories for PS2. I guess it's all about the almighty dollar, though. And yeah... I have gone ahead and ordered that game from EBgames.com.

By the way, how do you like Gamefly? Is the shipping rather quick? I like the idea of taking a game for a test drive before purchase...

Cade

i have used gamelfy for a year and it is great to play games then get new one but the shipping to WI takes one week from the time i put in mail box unti olnew one comes. That is too long. otherwise i like it.

Just warning you. Although the major bugs from the PSP have been fixed (car-eating garages, disappearing empires, etc) there are still some pretty bad things in the PS2 port:

1) Atrocious aiming. Worse than ANY previous GTA game. It purposely targets peds/allies before enemies (EVEN PEDS THAT ARE BEHIND YOU ARE SEEN AS A BIGGER THREAT THAN THE GANG SHOOTING AT YOU).
2) Constant gang attacks once you begin acquiring empires. And I do mean constant. I had 4 gang attacks occur one after another with not even 1 second between them (and I'm not exaggerating).
3) The main story line is SHORT. 10 hours short. I know it was created for a handheld, but that's just way too short.

Other than that (and other common GTA annoyances), it's still pretty good. Far better than the PS2 port of Liberty City Stories.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm a huge GTA fan, though, and would probably order it even if it was worse than what you (and one other person has informed me of). Personally, I enjoyed the port on the PS2 of Liberty City Stories. But man, I'm looking so forward to GTA4.

Thanks again for the information and welcome!

Cade

i have used gamelfy for a year and it is great to play games then get new one but the shipping to WI takes one week from the time i put in mail box unti olnew one comes. That is too long. otherwise i like it.

Thanks!! I normally don't play that many games and can play something like GTA, Smackdown vs. RAW, Madden, or Tiger Woods Golf for literally months at a time. In fact, when I purchased GTA3, I don't think it come out of the PS2 for several months. :) It may have been my favorite of the Grand Theft Auto series.

Cade

Thanks for letting me know. I'm a huge GTA fan, though, and would probably order it even if it was worse than what you (and one other person has informed me of). Personally, I enjoyed the port on the PS2 of Liberty City Stories. But man, I'm looking so forward to GTA4.

Thanks again for the information and welcome!

Cade
Oh, don't get me wrong, I thought LCS was really good. It's just that I believe VCS is much better, even with it's sometimes annoying glitches.

As for GTA4, I don't care what it looks like. Only that the draw distance is much improved (as well as the elimination of texture pop-up) and it's set in London (or Tokyo). :) Actually I don't care as long as I can get my hands on it. It could be a recreation of GTA3 and I'd still harass people for a copy.

Hey Jake :welcome to the forums

how would you rate the game? is it a must buy or rent? just wondering as I would love to get it for the Ps2 (well ps3) if its worth it.
Thanks, good to be here. :D

If you're a GTA freak (like me) then it's definitely a must buy. I'd say all the problems are offset by the $20 price tag. Plus the music is really great. I liked VC's soundtrack, but I LOVE VCS' much more. Oh, and the "bloom" effect is absolutely gorgeous, though you do need to disable it during races, otherwise you can't see where the arrows are pointing. :p

I just with Rockstar would learn to count...

Vice City was really GTA 4...

Now GTA 4 is really something like 6?...

I just with Rockstar would learn to count...

Vice City was really GTA 4...

Now GTA 4 is really something like 6?...

No. GTAIII, Vice City, and San Andreas were the "GTAIII Trilogy." Dan Houser mentioned this in an interview with Game Informer sometime back in 2005.

GTAIV starts a new trilogy (apparantely).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)