Gray screen of death on 498

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

adamevans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Sorry to start another thread, but there's way too much stuff to wade through to find the answer to this.

480 and 481 both confirm that my BBC are working.

However, 498 gives me the gray screen of death.

Why am I not getting the "Congratulations" screen and what do I need to do? (If it's known what to do.)

I am having the same thing happen to me.

I do have low signals and I mean low on 103b though.

Just a quick note to everyone, I was not seeing 480,481 0r 498 but was seeing the new satellite. I have 4 HD receivers, all the same issue. On a whim I went to the roof and bypassed my Multiswitch and bingo all was there and my siginal levels went up 25% or better. I the switch was one I had with my phase III dish, seems it can't pass KU. Have D comming out Monday tp change out the switch. Some others may be suffering the same issue.

I have two HD recievers. One is getting the "congrulations" screen and the HD dvr is not. I reset it and still the gray screen of death. Can anyone help? Thanks.

I've tried every trick I've seen and still no progress. H20 is seeing the message and the HR20 is not.

It goes to black for just a half second, like it wants to do something, and then it goes to gray. At this point, I think all I can do, is wait until the channels lit up and see if I can get them. The BBC test screens say I'm good to go there.

I just don't know what else to do.

Just a quick note to everyone, I was not seeing 480,481 0r 498 but was seeing the new satellite. I have 4 HD receivers, all the same issue. On a whim I went to the roof and bypassed my Multiswitch and bingo all was there and my siginal levels went up 25% or better. I the switch was one I had with my phase III dish, seems it can't pass KU. Have D comming out Monday tp change out the switch. Some others may be suffering the same issue.

I posted this info about needing the correct Multiswitch back here somewhere earlier tonight, although it could have been in a diffferent D* forum.

jimbo

I've tried every trick I've seen and still no progress. H20 is seeing the message and the HR20 is not.

It goes to black for just a half second, like it wants to do something, and then it goes to gray. At this point, I think all I can do, is wait until the channels lit up and see if I can get them. The BBC test screens say I'm good to go there.

I just don't know what else to do.

Jamie,
What to do ???
RELAX ...
If the other two channels show fine 480, 481 then you know the BBannd converter are ok, no need to do anything.

Jimbo

i have 2 hr20 and one does the congrats screen nd the other does nothing

Jamie,
What to do ???
RELAX ...
If the other two channels show fine 480, 481 then you know the BBannd converter are ok, no need to do anything.

Jimbo
except order a new box. From what I see at DBStalk no one has a clue why the equipment doesnt work. :rolleyes:

I was getting the grey screen all evening on 498, but just awhile ago kept checking and finally getting the screen shot with the congrats message now. Guess they are getting it worked out. When I changed channels and back to test the other tuner it took a long time to show again but finally did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)