Great bundle deal for PS3 from Costco!

10$ its not bad, you get 5 BD discs.

Which you get with any other player or PS3 purchase too... Costco has had stuff like this forever, just isn't a 'great bundle' is all... and given the savings are so small, you'd be better off ordering from a place online that doesn't charge tax or shipping and paying full price, you'd end up paying less since at B&M you'd be paying $40+ in taxes.

And while I am anti-Sony, I can appreciate a good deal, I'd be saying this even if it were a 360 deal.... but their 360 bundle actually is a deal... $140 of addons (Halo 3, Quick Charge Kit, extra controller) for $65 extra ($465 for Pro, which includes Forza and Marvel:UA bundled in it already like Motorstorm in this deal).

Last edited:
10$ its not bad, you get 5 BD discs.
You get 5 movies no matter where you buy it. Gesus you can purchase it from sony directly for 499 with motorstrom and get 100 bucks off by signing up for their credit card and pay 399.00 with motorstorm and 5 free movies. The only things you get for 599 are what? a 50 dollar game and 50 dollar controller. yet the diff is 200 bucks. looks like a rip off to me.

Last edited:
Which you get with any other player or PS3 purchase too... Costco has had stuff like this forever, just isn't a 'great bundle' is all... and given the savings are so small, you'd be better off ordering from a place online that doesn't charge tax or shipping and paying full price, you'd end up paying less since at B&M you'd be paying $40+ in taxes.

And while I am anti-Sony, I can appreciate a good deal, I'd be saying this even if it were a 360 deal.... but their 360 bundle actually is a deal... $140 of addons (Halo 3, Quick Charge Kit, extra controller) for $65 extra ($465 for Pro, which includes Forza and Marvel:UA bundled in it already like Motorstorm in this deal).

You are forgetting something there, the PS3 has a BD player built in, the 360 doesn't.

You are forgetting something there, the PS3 has a BD player built in, the 360 doesn't.

It was an example that I wasn't threadcrapping on this deal because it's a PS3. I even wrote this but removed it... I literally had 'let me write your reply for you: "This is a PS3 not a 360" now try and legitamately defend this as a deal if you think it is'

You can get better, without a monthly membership, and by paying the full price of the items in the 'bundle' elsewhere.

Additionally, any of the various coupons at popular big box stores would reduce the price even more, including tax, and since it's a BD player it would go in the BD section not here.

There, I think that sums up all the posts you ignored to point out my amnesia.

I went looking for the bundle at one of our local Costco stores this weekend. No dice...didn't have ANY Playstations in stock/on display. Only a small end-cap of 360 bundles and a stash of DSs. A handful of PS3 software in the rack, but that's all. Funny thing...a few weeks ago they had PS3 packs in this very store...but here it didn't look like they were sold out, more not even carrying it.

Made me scratch my chin...you think this is just "this store" responding to its particular geographic market, or is it more widespread? And why would this be, I wonder :(?

How many folks are seeing PS3 in their Costco...and how many not? I'm curious.

I see bunch of Playstation 3's @ my local Costco here in Reno,Nevada, I haven't seen an xbox 360 in months now.
Also I agree, I see a stupid amount of Nintendo DS in my local costco too, 2 stacks, I bet they are going to sell out by Christmas.

At my Costco - east Tucson - on Tuesday no PS3's. But they did have a stack of those Samsung 1400s for $449 - unless they've replenished stock from a week ago, it looks like they sold one. Not surprising, since it's now $339 at Amazon w/ no tax & free shipping.

They've added a stack of Sony 301s for $399, with a large promo sign advertising a free copy of Spiderman3, if purchased on the same receipt as the player. The stack look untouched. A quick check of the DVD section revealed . . . . . yep, they still don't carry Blu-ray or HD DVDs yet, so a bit of a challenge to get that free SM3. :(

The best deal appeared to be a stack of Toshiba A3 HD DVD players for $179. About half dozen of the players seemed to be sold.

Still, I think I'll stick to Costco for food & booze, and online for everything electronics and high-def. ;)

At my Costco - east Tucson - on Tuesday no PS3's. But they did have a stack of those Samsung 1400s for $449 - unless they've replenished stock from a week ago, it looks like they sold one. Not surprising, since it's now $339 at Amazon w/ no tax & free shipping.

They've added a stack of Sony 301s for $399, with a large promo sign advertising a free copy of Spiderman3, if purchased on the same receipt as the player. The stack look untouched. A quick check of the DVD section revealed . . . . . yep, they still don't carry Blu-ray or HD DVDs yet, so a bit of a challenge to get that free SM3. :(

The best deal appeared to be a stack of Toshiba A3 HD DVD players for $179. About half dozen of the players seemed to be sold.

Still, I think I'll stick to Costco for food & booze, and online for everything electronics and high-def. ;)
Bought my Sony Bravia from Costco under their old warranty, and I am buying a new TV soon, going to check out some of the deals tomorrow morning !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts