GREAT News for Sharks fans!!

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
OK fellow Sharks fans we suffered through a year of Marty McSorley trying to keep up with Randy Hahn with his dreaded "When I played for [fill in the blank]" it's time to rejoice!

For those of you that thought "Shark Byte", the Emmy award winning show that spent all last season doing world class "Jump the Shark" Jumping the shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Fonzie impressions and turning into the worst sports show ever, we are saved!

San Jose Sharks - News: Drew Remenda Returns To Broadcast Team - 08/01/2007

From the story linked above...

Drew Remenda Returns To Broadcast Team
San Jose Sharks Staff
Aug 1, 2007, 12:54 PM EDT
Former Sharks assistant coach and broadcaster Drew Remenda is returning to the Sharks organization as the team’s television color analyst. Remenda will re-join television play-by-play broadcaster and co-Emmy winner Randy Hahn for Sharks telecasts on FSN Bay Area this season.

Remenda will also return as host of FSN’s “SharkByte,” the popular magazine-style show dedicated to Sharks hockey on- and off-the-ice.

“The Sharks broadcasting department is very pleased to have Drew back on our team,” said Albin. “Drew is an outstanding talent who not only understands the X's and O's on the ice but the heart of the game as well. Drew and Randy have great chemistry. It’s a perfect fit. We’re very excited to have ‘the band’ back together."

Remenda returned to Saskatoon for family reasons, but will be able to return with a lot more frequent flier miles being accrued.

“The biggest thing was that I had to talk to my family about it,” said Remenda. “The kids are huge Sharks fans and they were happy with my decision. My wife was really good about it and she recognized it was a good move for us. I will still try to go home and visit a little more than before and have them come down to visit me a little more too.”

Remenda did value his team at the top level of Canadian broadcasting during his tenure.

“The people at Hockey Night are unbelievable people to work with,” said Remenda. “They’ve been doing it for a long time and they know what they’re doing. But, you walk out of a game and you feel that you really didn’t do much. I didn’t seem like myself. It is much more by the book, and I like to explain a little more and teach the game. I don’t think I was as good a Drew Remenda with Hockey Night in Canada as I was with the San Jose Sharks.”

One of the Bay Area’s most popular broadcasters ever, Remenda is looking forward to having a home team every game.

“You’re part of something when you’re with a team,” said Remenda. “With Hockey Night in Canada you were just part of the crew. With the Sharks, you’re part of something special and you care. You want people to do well and you want the team to be successful.”

Remenda's popularity stems from the fact that fans see him with a genuine love of the game and he has an innate ability to speak to hockey experts and novices alike.

“Drew has a special connection with our fans and his impact in our broadcasting department isn’t just limited to the three hours that we air the game,” said Malcolm Bordelon, Executive Vice President of Business Operations. “He exemplifies what it means to be a team player and, over the years, his enthusiasm and energy has made it easy for fans to identify with, and develop a passion for, Sharks hockey.”

Remenda spent the 2006-07 season as an analyst for the Canadian Broadcast Company’s (CBC) celebrated “Hockey Night in Canada” program, which followed six seasons on FSNBA as the Sharks television color analyst, where he won three Bay Area Emmy Awards (1999, 2001 and 2006). Preceding his work on FSN, Remenda spent three seasons working with Dan Rusanowsky as radio color commentator on 98.5 KFOX and the Sharks Radio Network.

“I am extremely excited to return to San Jose and re-join Randy in the booth,” said Remenda. “I want to thank Greg Jamison, Malcolm Bordelon and Frank Albin for everything they have done to make this work. But most importantly, I am extremely grateful for my family’s understanding and support which has allowed me to return to the job that I love.”

Drawing upon his extensive network of hockey contacts and his background as an assistant coach, Remenda skillfully provides in-game analysis, insightful information and anecdotes.

The Saskatoon, Sask. native also serves as the host of “The Drew Remenda Sports Show,” a staple on News Talk 650 (CKOM) in Saskatoon and News Talk 980 (CJME) Regina.

A Sharks assistant coach from 1991-95, Remenda also served as associate coach for the Kansas City Blades of the International Hockey League, then the Sharks top developmental affiliate. Prior to joining the Sharks organization, he served as the video coordinator for Hockey Canada, where he provided support for Canada’s National Team and the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association. Remenda’s vast hockey background also includes a stint as assistant coach at the University of Calgary from 1988-90 and coaching at the amateur level since 1983.

D.D.

After hearing you for the past several years, I know you are one happy Shark fan over this new development !!!!!
Is this what you've been working on all summer, it's been along time since you've been here posting :), Welcome back ! :):):)
October's coming !!!

Jimbo

Go Wings !!!

Apparently you don't like the new logo, though. I don't see it in your avatar.

(Or, are you just waiting for the new logo jersey to arrive to dress your poodle in for a new pic?)

Gary,
Knowing Digital Dude, I am confident that you will find Chechoo in the new Sharks jersey soon.

Jimbo

Hate, loathe, despise, detest, abhorr the orange on the new logo.
You won't be seeing that in my avatar. And they signed Cheech to a long contract just before he won the Richard Trophy.
I'm not worried.

Digital Dude,
Does you SEASON depend on the announcer for the games ???

Jimbo

Well since "Dougie Jamison" said this year is the "break even" year I don't see him prying open his wallet come trade deadline time.

So it'll make it a bit more palatable!

Hockey is a sport??? I didn't know.

:D Just kidding with you DD. I like the Penguins, Oh I can't believe I like the same team as Cybok.

Hockey is a sport??? I didn't know.

:D Just kidding with you DD. I like the Penguins, Oh I can't believe I like the same team as Cybok.

You've missed the fastest sport on ice !!!!
The fastest sport period ...

No waiting around for a guy to throw a baseball, while becoming a rain delay on the mound.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)