Great Offer I Got...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flexman

Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
altamont il
I got a call from DTV. They offered me Sunday NFL ticket and every Movie channel for only 2 dollars more a month. I took it its great./

I go that call like a month ago and I turned it down because the new packages would cost more and the lady told me I couldnt go back to my package. She said it was a way to get me out of my old package and into the new packages they are offering. I was like they are more expensive and she like but you get all this for a few months. I was like I will pass.

Yep, turned them down flat here as well - having premiums for a couple months is NOT worth paying an extra $2.50/month AFTER the offer runs out & I go back to my base pkg.

I got a similar call and am considering it for the ST. I just want to make sure I know exactly what the new amount will be in 5 months. Here is my current package:

Current.jpg

And this is what my bill looks like:

Bill.jpg

Can someone tell me what my new monthly amount due will be for Choice Extra + Sports Pack + HD DVR after five months?

Is that their way of getting those grandfathered packs out of the picture?

Hemi, Short Answer is YES.

Long answer is kinda but I wont go into it. If you have a grandfathered package and pay your bills ontime it makes it more likely you get the offer. With one of the benefits being that once the promotion is over you go to one of our normal current packages as the grandfather package would then no longer be in the system. ( You only have 30 days after making a change from a grandfathered to current package to change you mind our the system locks us out from going back )

I got a similar call and am considering it for the ST. I just want to make sure I know exactly what the new amount will be in 5 months. Here is my current package:

View attachment 57894

View attachment 57893

Can someone tell me what my new monthly amount due will be for Choice Extra + Sports Pack + HD DVR after five months?

Plus HDDVR package and choice extra with hd and dvr are the same price same thing. the old name confused customers so we expired the package. So you should see no change in price.

View attachment 57894

View attachment 57893

Not to 2nd guess SC, but by my calculations, it will end up costing you $1 more if you switch to the current equivalent base pkg.

Choice Xtra - $64
DVR - $7
HD - $10
Total new base price - $81

(the sports pak amount will be the same either way)

BUT Go, you ARE aware that many of us current subs have called it & get our HD fees waived for 2 years - if I was you, I would certainly check into doing that! Since in your case your current base pkg has the HD fee included, you'll have to switch to the now current base pkg of Choice Xtra as already mentioned - BUT now they should be able to waive the HD fee, so your bill will end up dropping by at least $9 for 2 years!

Not to 2nd guess SC, but by my calculations, it will end up costing you $1 more if you switch to the current equivalent base pkg.

Choice Xtra - $64
DVR - $7
HD - $10
Total new base price - $81

(the sports pak amount will be the same either way)

BUT Go, you ARE aware that many of us current subs have called it & get our HD fees waived for 2 years - if I was you, I would certainly check into doing that! Since in your case your current base pkg has the HD fee included, you'll have to switch to the now current base pkg of Choice Xtra as already mentioned - BUT now they should be able to waive the HD fee, so your bill will end up dropping by at least $9 for 2 years!

when added up indivully . I cant get into it now .

Dishrich... thanks for the heads up. I called and got the HD fee waived for two years HOWEVER, the young lady could not offer me the ST package as she said it was OUTBOUND calls only. So my question is... do any of you that are considering the offer have a callback number from D* that I can try to get that offer?l The one I called was 800-531-5000 and requested "representative." Thanks :cool:

I got the same call in late July, and said yes. I liked the free NFL ST. I don't care much for the HBO, STARZ, and Showtime, but the family likes em. To me, it's worth the extra $2.50.

Directv will call you about every month or two. They will keep calling until you drop Total Choice + and get one of the newer packages.

I believe Total Choice+ has 185 channels, and Choice Plus has 210.

Last edited:
I believe Total Choice+ has 185 channels, and Choice Plus has 210.

Oh GEEZE dude - do NOT start this again. We've had this discussion ad nauseum around here, & there is NO difference whatsoever in channels between the 2 pkgs. (REGARDLESS of what D*'s website &/or CSR's say) The ONLY difference is that TC+ is (now) $2.50 lower - NOTHING else!

I got the same call this past Friday, it was the NFL Package PLUS ALL 35 movie channels for an additional 6 dollars a month for 5 months. I was told all I simply had to do is cancel the movie package and NFL package and return to normal programing sometime next year.

Thanks for the answers guys. It sounds like a good deal, but ultimately I decided to pass for now. The season is half over, so I'm hoping they offer again next year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)