Greatest days as a sports fan you can recall?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hands down . . . sitting behind Mets dugout on September 21, 2001 and seeing Piazza's late game heroics to beat the Braves. More importantly, to see my city back on it's feet, feeling better and knowing a little bit of normalcy that night returned for all of us!!!

We have a winner!!! Awesome. :up:up

December 1st 1985. Lambeau Field.

I was living in Allouez which is just across the Fox river from the stadium. About a four mile drive after going to the nearest bridge and doubling back.

Forecast called for a snow storm. well it arrived. We arrived at the stadium about 2 hrs before gametime. We drove right in to the east parking lot. Unheard of if you've ever been around Lambeau on game day. Nothing was plowed anywhere. My trusty International truck was great.

Anyway, that game was the greatest game I've ever seen. I've been to two superbowls, World Series and an NBA championship game.

It was fun, Steve Young was planted so many times he probably still has roots in the field.

The Buc's wore their white road uniforms and you literally could not see them at times. The temp at game time was in the low 20's so it was comfortable and the stadium was less than half full.

We had a blast!

BillD . . . thanks . . . and thanks to everyone that year and since that year for your continued support !!!

No. Thank you for the inspiration that your city has shown since that horrific day. It certainly put sports in their proper perspective.

My greatest sports moment: May 28, 1982 standing in the 2nd turn of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway watching Rick Mears make up a 12 second difference in the last 10 laps to come up 16 hundredths of a second short losing to Gordon Jonhcock who won his 2nd Indianapoils 500. Man.....I still get shivers whenever I the hear the radio replay of the last lap. :up:up

This past college football season when LSU beat Tennessee in the SECCG, Oklahoma beat Missouri in the Big12CG, and Pitt miraculously beat WV all on the same night, putting my Tigers in the MNC. :)

That was a good day, it put the Buckeyes in the national championship game. Of course, it turned into one of those 'be careful what you ask for' moments, but that one day was nice and very unexpected.

Sandra

Very funny, ramy.

That was the day the New York Rangers won the Stanley Cup and breaking a 54-year curse.

MESSPHS008013-L.jpg

Oh, yeah, I actually didn't realize that was the day since I am not a Rangers fan.

She could have graduated HS then too. She is younger than me so I thought that might be it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)