Greatest Song Ever Written?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes...please

Fall Out Boy? PUHLEEEEEEZZEEE! The Hives are a thousand times better than that band on it's worst day.

You really need to listen to "I Don't Care". Besides...I never said it was the greatest song ever writen...just a superb one.

I thought of "He Stopped Loving Her Today," but since someone already mentioned it, I'll add another-- "Statue of a Fool."

Although the hit version was David Allan Coe's, "You Never Even Called Me by My Name" was written by and originally recorded by Steve Goodman.

Dude, My Chemical Romance is WAY better than Fall Out Boy. ;)

That is a matter of opinion and you are certainly entitled to your. However, I enjoy FOB a tad more than MCR. Neither stack up against The Dead though. I also quite enjoy Dropkick Murphys...even as i approach my 52 BD later this year. Those boys start out at 100mph and pick up speed as they go.

That is a matter of opinion and you are certainly entitled to your. However, I enjoy FOB a tad more than MCR. Neither stack up against The Dead though. I also quite enjoy Dropkick Murphys...even as i approach my 52 BD later this year. Those boys start out at 100mph and pick up speed as they go.

That we can agree on my friend. :up

Ok folks, since we have such a wide variety of answers here, (nobody is wrong btw. You're all entitled to your own opinion) let's narrow it down to each decade.

Let's start with the 80's.

I'm gonna say Sweet Child 'O Mine by Guns N' Roses.

"Amazing Grace"

:up:up

For Rock though I would have to say "Imagine" by John Lennon.
I never was a Beetles fan, but that song is great.

Last edited:
I thought Imagine was a John Lennon solo effort (well, actually with the Plastic Ono Band) ??

The Beatles, in one post-era construct or another, probably covered it many times however...

I thought Imagine was a John Lennon solo effort (well, actually with the Plastic Ono Band) ??

The Beatles, in one post-era construct or another, probably covered it many times however...

Oops you are right. He did it in 1971, only a year after the Beetles broke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.