Greek channels leaving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Grk101

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
In a follow up to this thread questioning the future of Greek programing on DirecTV, it appears that all the Greek channels, Mega Cosmos (ch. 2162), Alter Globe (ch. 2164) and GMTV (ch 2165), will be leaving DirecTV at the end of the month. A scrolling message appears on the screen.

Does anyone know if these channels are deflecting back to Dish Network or anywhere else? Interestingly enough, Mega and Alter were originally on Dish Network and left for DirecTV in a rather dramatic way a few years back.

I betcha it's another contract dispute. The good news is that it frees up more space for D* to add 3D or (dare I say) more HD channels.:) Anyway, D* was never as good as E* when it came to international channels. Yeah, D* has some, but that's only a fraction when compared to E*

Perhaps, DirecTV is dropping them simply because it's not making money with them and can use the space for some channels that will. I imagine that International channels customers make up an extremely small percentage of subscribers and it's just may not be a profitable venture anymore. I feel bad for our Greek friends who depend on those channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)