Switching to D* - Maybe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

will53033

Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Currently I am an E* subscriber. However, E* will be shifting their HD off of sat 61.5. I do not have LOS to 129 and 72 where their HD will be. Therefore, I am considering D* - I am fairly certain that I have LOS to the D* sat. Other option is cable :mad: A couple of questions.

Will D* do a pole mount. The E* dish is currently on a pole - this may be the only place for LOS. I have no objction to a roof mount if that will work.

Can D* use the E* pole.

Is there an extra charge for a pole mount.

Is it best to order directly from D*, a local retailer or through AT&T.

Any other suggestions that you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Currently I am an E* subscriber. However, E* will be shifting their HD off of sat 61.5. I do not have LOS to 129 and 72 where their HD will be. Therefore, I am considering D* - I am fairly certain that I have LOS to the D* sat. Other option is cable :mad: A couple of questions.

Will D* do a pole mount. The E* dish is currently on a pole - this may be the only place for LOS. I have no objction to a roof mount if that will work.

Can D* use the E* pole.

Is there an extra charge for a pole mount.

Any other suggestions that you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

D*'s LOS is from the 99 to 103 for the most part, unless you have special circumstances (locals on the 119 would be the only on I would worry about, however, the HD signals are on the Sats I mentioned earlier.

As for who you order from, thats up to you.

Pole mounts, YES D* will do them, they prefer on the roof, but they will do pole mounts if you request it, not sure on price, it varies from area to area.

IF your E* pole is a 2" OD post you'll be good, chances are it's a 1 5/8ths though.

Get all the equipment you may need on the initial order, your best rate/deal will be as a NEW sub, your not a new sub after the initial install anymore.

go thru D* then after the install, move it to AT&T for their discounts on top of the existing ones you get from D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts