Green dotted lines on HD with 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I have the 811 installed. PQ is great but running across the top of the screen about 4" from the top and 1+" apart are 2 faint green dotted lines running horizontally across the screen. TV is a 46" Hitachi hooked to the 811 with DVI. I did try the components to the same vid imput but the lines were still there. They are not on the SD output. The 6000 this replaced did not have the lines. What could be causing this?

[edit]
Well, I figured out that the lines corresponded to being like a top and bottom guide line for the Program and Channel in the drop-down from the top showing current channel info. When that came down the lines disappeard. So I decided to try calling E* tech support to see what they knew. Naturally they had not heard of this but we decided to try a receiver reboot. And WAALLAA, the lines are gone. So, from now on I will try that first. Hope they fix that if it is a common or recurring problem.

normang, see my edit to the above post. Reboot fixed whatever it was.

MikeF said:
normang, see my edit to the above post. Reboot fixed whatever it was.

Glad to hear it was something simple. I suspect that its the infancy of the software. It will get better.. though its annoying to wait, when it should have shipped a little more stable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)