Green horn with Coolsat 6000 needs help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
do not aim at 99W. There is nothing KU Band there and will just frustrate you.

Since your longitude is 89.8, lets use 89W as the true south satellite. Bring up IA8 in the menu. It should be in there if I remember right. Select a strong transponder
(see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=85225 for the strong transponder)

Make sure the dish elevation and the motor elevation are correct. You should aim the dish pretty much straight south. The quality meter stays red until it locks on the satellite then it turns green. Set up the LNB as "Single" and 10750

yes

go to dish setup (1st one) and scroll to bottom. There should be a 0.0 satellite. Pick that and enter the LNB LO (10705 single). Save it and then go to manual scan and enter the info from the link I provided above for the strong transponder

Iceberg, thanks for the help. I will try to enter the new sat into my receiver tonight when I get home. Is their any type of program that can update my receiver to give me the a new up-to-date list of sats (example 89W) or will I have to manually enter ones that are not already in the menu.
Sorry for all the questions, I just trying to think ahead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help with coordinates for T5 satellite

Fixed skewed dish install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts