Greetings from Team Summit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
:confused: I thought that the 2% figure was 2% of Hopper installs, not 2% of the entire customer base...

correctly, 2% of the installed hopper base as scott wrote:

I was told that less the 2% of the installed hopper base has two hoppers. I am sure that number will climb over time.

so, if they installed 100,000 new hoppers, only 2,000 hoppers were installed in the same house, or only 2,000 users have the 2 hoppers combination

So it's not unreasonable to expect the year to end with 500,000 Hopper households, as things accelerate.

The Hopper system is not for everyone at the moment. The majority of our installs are still VIP receivers. We've only instal 5 hopper systems and one was mine. Now if retailers have customers asking for the latest and greatest and they only install a VIP receiver then that's their problem to deal with down the road. I myself love talking about it so I like bringing it up to customers. I usually only bring it up to customers who I think will benefit from it though. Every customer needs to be qualified.

That's OK for your business since you have knowledge of both systems, but it sounds as though these other guys were clueless and couldn't/wouldn't recommend the HJ system even if a customer walked through the door and needed it. Doesn't Dish have some basic requirement for retailers continuing education?

That's OK for your business since you have knowledge of both systems, but it sounds as though these other guys were clueless and couldn't/wouldn't recommend the HJ system even if a customer walked through the door and needed it. Doesn't Dish have some basic requirement for retailers continuing education?

There really isn't any requirement for continuing education. It's the retailers private business so it's up to them to educated themselves. Dish provides all the tools to us and we have to use those tools to better our business. Now, a retailer does have to sell a certain amount and keep a low churn in order to be in good standing with Dish but a retailer can sell whatever equipment they wish.

If a retailer is smart they will keep up to date with technology and be prepared to answer questions that customers may have. If a retailer wants to stay in business they'll adapt. Sometimes it just takes a little while for them to catch on. Not all retailers come on here like I do, but they should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)