Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Good Morning (Or afternoon now depending where you are)

I am sitting here at the Echostar Press Conference waiting for it to start. I have been sitting and chatting with Sharron from VOOM for a little bit. Also said hello to Marc Lumpkin.

At the moment I have WIFI, but if they shut the door I am not sure if it will still work.

Don't forget that today Sound and Vision magazine also starts their CES press coverage.

More in a bit. :)

So, the 5 new VOOM channels tonight or on February 1?

I think yup means it will launch Feb 1 or today in answer to the above question.

Eagrly awaiting everything they have to say. They have ALOT of expaining to do.

Note, that the latest updates from the press conference are now coming via the Talking Head on our Home Page.

(Which gives a new meaning to the phrase "You've heard it here first!" ;))

I updated the head on the homepage.

I am actually in the press event now. Charlie is sitting in front of me. John Kotches is here sitting next to me.

On the side of me is Jim Defranco, Mark Jackson, Michael Neuman and others.

THe conference is now starting

I guess one of the most pressing questions now is the MPEG-4 upgrade policy/costs for existing customers.

Ilya said:
I guess one of the most pressing questions now is the MPEG-4 upgrade policy/costs for existing customers.
...expecially those who just purchased HD receiver(s). Any HD receiver under warranty should be upgraded free-of-charge or provide a full refund to those purchased them.

Charlie starts off the show by going over the happenings of 2005. After that he introduces Michael Neuman the President of Dish Network.

He tells us how DIsh Networks is Better TV for all.

The focus in 2006 is MORE CHOICES
Local Channels are optional
Largest HD package in the nation
Expanded premium packages
customizable programming bundles.

There are over 11 million interactive receivers out there.

The winter olympics will be back again with the Mosaic interactive application.

Attachments

• DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_0015.JPG
    DSC_0015.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 324
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 5, 2006--EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH) and ESPN announced today that the DISH Network satellite TV service will offer ESPN2 HD, a 24-hour high-definition simulcast service of ESPN2, as part of the newly introduced "DishHD" programming package. DISH Network will make ESPN2 HD available beginning Feb. 1, 2006.

Bah!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts