Greetings from the Echostar Press Event

On Feb. 1, DISH Network will begin transmitting newly added HD channels in MPEG4, a signal compression standard developed by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group). MPEG4 allows DISH Network to maximize the bandwidth available on its satellites and offer the most robust lineup of HD channels in the nation.

New DishHD channels available only in MPEG4 include:

VOOM Networks
ESPN2 HD ------------------
Universal HD Family Room HD
HD Locals Gameplay HD
Treasure HD
World Cinema HD
WorldSport HD

"DISH Network will offer a convenient upgrade package for existing customers who want to expand their HD lineup to include the new channels."

Im betting its $300 + your first born son for a new ViP211!

They show screen shots of new interactive coming.

They talk about the PocketDIsh. In my opinion the pocketdish is one of the most exciting devices in awhile.

To record shows there is no fee, while to record desperate housewifes in an IPOD its $49 a year.

5 to 10 more HD channels will be added by years end.

Over 17,000 hours a week of HD from Dish Network.

HD locals begin Feb. 1 (And you will get the subchannels too!)

A Dish HD video is shown. DishHD seems to be a new brand name.

Attachments

• DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 269
juan said:
On Feb. 1, DISH Network will begin transmitting newly added HD channels in MPEG4, a signal compression standard developed by MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group). MPEG4 allows DISH Network to maximize the bandwidth available on its satellites and offer the most robust lineup of HD channels in the nation.

New DishHD channels available only in MPEG4 include:

VOOM Networks
ESPN2 HD ------------------
Universal HD Family Room HD
HD Locals Gameplay HD
Treasure HD
World Cinema HD
WorldSport HD

So, they cut down the bandwidth, cut the number of added channels *AND* put it all to MPEG4 - What sense does that make???
Who's brilliant decision is that?

Scott ask them if AEP will include hd channels if not what will be the cost? for the additional hd content.. some of us right now are at 140+ in bills and probebley will have to dropp sd content to gain hd content :)

The DishHD release lists lease pricing for NEW customers, but not EXISTING(for the ViP MPEG4 receivers, that is). Doh! Any chance Scott you can ask Charlie about that?

BTW the video they are showing is in full HD, no down rezing here. :D

It ends with the slogan "Better HDTV for all"

Next is Josh Stopan from VOOM. He says that customers who have HD and VOOM LOVe their HD.

Next up is Mark Jackson. He starts by talking about MPEG4. (Ph

He mentions that the channels will be in MPEG4. VOOM channels.
oto of the slide is attached)

He talks about the new receivers, the 211, 222 and 622. The 622 has 320GB of hard drive space.

Mark goes on to talk about Multi Room tuners (the 222 and 622)

Attachments

• DSC_0018.JPG
    DSC_0018.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    DSC_0021.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0024.JPG
    DSC_0024.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 289
goaliebob99 said:
Scott ask them if AEP will include hd channels if not what will be the cost? for the additional hd content.. some of us right now are at 140+ in bills and probebley will have to dropp sd content to gain hd content :)
I saw some screen shots of new package priceing hd bronze,silver,gold and platinum

DISH better take another look at that press release. It says "For as little as $54.99 a month, customers can access the entire 25-channel DishHD lineup, and get more than 70 all-digital standard definition channels plus their local channels in standard and high definition."

To add up to 25 HD channels, you have to include PPV, HBO and Showtime.

SO...I read that as AT60+Locals+HD Pack+Voom+HBO+Showtime= $54.99. That's $20 less than the current price...not gonna happen.

2 other options, one good, one bad.

1)You HAVE to subscribe to DISH HD to "access" HBO HD or Showtime HD...that will piss off a lot of people.

2)They are introducing a new "ultra basic" SD channel pack with even fewer channels than AT 60. (We all know that that "70" channels is very flexible- could be audio, public interest, ect.

Probably just an error though. AT60+Locals+HD Pack+Voom is currently $51.99. Factoring in the usual AT60 increase and the additional Voom channels, a $4 increase wouldn't be a surprise.

CJPC said:
Subchannles = ugh!! One whole 720p slot for a weather radar, great :p

:confused: the subchannels wouldn't be 720P!

Assuming the subchannels are running at the same time as HD content, the HD content will be compressed anyway, even on the OTA feed.

The subchannels will be SD, and probably compressed beyond recognition. Which is fine with me...one of my locals (which I can't get OTA) is adding a full time weather channel. I'd like to get it, but I certainly don't care if it looks good. Heck, they could strip it to 10fps and I'd be happy with it.

Scott Greczkowski said:
BTW the video they are showing is in full HD, no down rezing here. :D

It ends with the slogan "Better HDTV for all"

Next is Josh Stopan from VOOM. He says that customers who have HD and VOOM LOVe their HD.

Next up is Mark Jackson. He starts by talking about MPEG4. (Ph

He mentions that the channels will be in MPEG4. VOOM channels.
oto of the slide is attached)

He talks about the new receivers, the 211, 222 and 622. The 622 has 320GB of hard drive space.

Mark goes on to talk about Multi Room tuners (the 222 and 622)
Hey Scott, sounds like alittle false advertising going on showing no down sizeing on the HD'S and were getting 1280x1280,wth! :mad:

Heh, ya that is true, luckily here I only have 1 sub on ABC, just a weather radar (lucky me I dont really watch ABC!)