Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Attention SatelliteGuys members, if you are in the Las Vegas area , LA - San Diego areas, and the Houston - Austin- San Antonio areas Gregg Loewen has some openings available on his schedule.

For more details of Gregg's handy work or to book Gregg work his magic on your HDTV please visit http://www.lionav.com

Remember if you book a calibration from Gregg to mention your a SatelliteGuys member. :D

Question for Gregg as I know he lurks around this forum:

I know the benefits of a calibration, but what frustrates me it that every time I pop in a DVD or change channels on my Dish 811, it seems every channel or DVD is giving me a differently calibrated signal so I have to readjust contrast and brightness to compensate.

Once a set is calibrated, how does one deal with this? Do we just live with it and don't touch the settings? I have a front projector, the Boxlight 2HD (Sanyo Z-2) so the contrast/brightness is marginal to begin with.

Thanks.

And thanks for being a forum member.

hi!

Im guessing your PJ deals with different scan rates differently. After a professional calibration you would not touch the controls for DVD viewing as DVD is a reference source. For HD, as the source quality varies, you intelligently adjust the controls based on the settings of a reference source (my Sencore VP 403 HD signal generator).

Regards

Gregg