Grit and Escape Ink Fresh Carriage Deals

Escape is on 6.3 WLNE-D3 out of Providence. WLNE is the ABC affiliate
I'm actually in the Boston DMA, however I do receive two Providence stations OTA. Don't see Grit yet....
EDIT: just did a double check and Escape is also on 66.4 WUTF-DT in the Boston DMA
Ross

Sent via Tapatalk
Grit is on 6.2 WLNE-DT2

Sent via Tapatalk

I've been a bit amazed with the quality of Grit. The promos looked really good, and the commercials look good, but the movies are stretched and fuzzy looking. You'd think they'd present the films in the proper screen ratio.

Grit TV is coming to 47 new cities, including Nashville, Tn. Not sure what the timeline is for this, but glad to get another channel.

Grit added some affiliates (or rather the stations finally added them)...Raycom affilaites

Wednesday facebook page
Grit says howdy to three new cities! Our free, over-the-air signal can now be seen in Jackson, MS on WDBD Channel 40.3, Huntsville, AL on WAFF Channel 48.3 & Charlotte, NC on WBTV Channel 3.3!

today
Help us welcome some more new television markets to the Grit corral! Hello to Montgomery, AL, Richmond, VA, Knoxville, TN & Augusta, GA.

Montgomery 12-3
Richmond 65-3
Knoxville 43-3
Augusta 54-3

FOX affiliate KYOU-TV/15 (Ottumwa, Iowa) has added Grit on channel 15.2, with a slide saying sister subchannel network Escape is coming soon to 15.3

the former KXJB in Fargo added both today (forget the new callsign)
RF38 PSIP 4

4-1 infomercials
4-2 cozi TV
4-3 blank
4-4 blank
4-5 Grit
4-6 Escape

I sent an email to GRIT last week about GRIT doing a horrible job stretching 4x3 content and even worse letterbox that was stretched left to right but not top to bottom. I see today both GRIT and ESCAPE are airing 4x3 and letterboxed stuff without stretching or zooming. I would rather have the postage stamp look that I can zoom myself than the tilted stretched look they were going with.

I just rescanned my office tv as I noticed it was still showing old call letters of Zuus for GRIT. It is showing the channels are still 16x9, so hopefully they have fixed the aspect ratio's so true widescreen material is 16x9 and letterbox and 4x3 material is 4x3 with bars.

Well this is crazy, I went into living room and turned the Tivo on and Grit and ESCAPE were stretched again. Look at 722 and same thing, go back in office and look at RCA tv and it was fine, something in the Tivo, 722, Paldvr and my LG tv;s isnt reading the channel flags correctly. I have the tv's aspect set by program and the 722 and Pal set for Normal on 16x9 and Normal for 4x3. The RCA tv sees the channels as 16x9 480i but it shows the programming with the correct aspect ratio, the others stretch it and the only I way I can fix it on the other boxes is to change the tv to 4x3 which then screws up every other channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)