Ground Rules

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't see the big deal here, once it's public info, we will all know here.
Till then, they can do whatever they want.

Last edited:
Thanks for the position statement Stone Cold. Seems you were forced into it. Love the part about not magically being able to get someone on or back on. There are some great myths out there concerning anything satellite. One of my favorite local one is that Dish has a guy drive around in a truck with a scrambler to fry any hacked boxes he drives by! Thank you for all help and info. This is a complicated business- technical in it's application and tedious to deliver reliably. Stone cold approach is needed at times to clarify situations and simplify what can be mind-boggling.

Yeah that is always funny

ECM ( electronic counter measures ) are sent from the NOC ( Network Operations Center ) via satellite to disable hacked boxes / cards

Does not mater if it is Dish , Direct, Bell Express Vue , Starchoice.

I heard the van myth a hundred time before.

Hey stonecold I have a question for you and if you can't answer it that's ok.I have been looking at Direc since the Fox Sports Midwest fiasco with the blues and they won/t budge off of the $99.00 for a second DVR. Is there any way around this. Thank you for your time.

Basically every account is different. Our offers be it programming or hardware are automatically generatored when we pull up your account. Since dvr still considered an advance product it a little bit harder to get. Usually most customers we can do a dvr for 49.

Lets make sure we are getting you to the right place first

Call 1800-531-5000

go through that long annoying ivr

you be transfered to Billing, tell them you like to order a reciver and be transfered to our "ace" department ( they handle hardware orders / bundling / tech reschedules )

Ask them. Billing often will only give you the 99 dollar price because we dont use teh system that orders the hardware it self.

So make sure your talking to the right department first then we will go from there.

Stone cold tell your friends at DirecTV to stop calling me saying I should upgrade to Premier. The Sports Pack channels are a ripoff unless you drop down hundreds for dozens of out of market sports packages.

Quaterly fin updates yes but I always get an annual report that say this is what we done like added x many hd channels gained this many customers.

Thank you for bringing your insight to this forum. Would asking how an account looks in general be appropriate or is that too general of a question? I've been trying to figure out why the CSRs couldn't get the Premier/ST package to work...despite being told that there was a note approving it. Also was offered only half price on CI a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you for bringing your insight to this forum. Would asking how an account looks in general be appropriate or is that too general of a question? I've been trying to figure out why the CSRs couldn't get the Premier/ST package to work...despite being told that there was a note approving it. Also was offered only half price on CI a couple of weeks ago.

Scott gave me an extra large PM box if you want me to see what going on your account pm me. some details so i can pull it up and look and see.

There are always some very good people who work in very bad companies, and in this economy maybe glad to have the job. Stonecold is one of the good guys and has always been helpful on this Forum. It does not surprise me that people have presumed on his goodwill and required him to make this post, however. Please give the guy a break and just let him help us while remaining ethical, as you would expect a good guy to do.

Thanks for setting the ground rules. Now I won't be so reluctant to help out posters when I can.

If you call in for a technical issue and get me I'll get your issue solved. I'm a darn good Tech CSR too. :)

We know how frustrating it is when something your paying for is not working. But please remember it is not easy trying to help someone fix something over the phone, If we could snap our fingers and make your equipment work or get a tech to your house in an hour, I promise you we would.
I hate it when a customer is misinformed or the CSR forgot to tell them something important, but we all make mistakes and have bad days at work, Well everybody except me.....just kidding

P.S.
Basically every account is different. Our offers be it programming or hardware are automatically generatored when we pull up your account.

I just want to confirm that what he's saying is true, there's only so much the computer system will allow us to do.

Last edited:
Thanks for setting the ground rules. Now I won't be so reluctant to help out posters when I can.

If you call in for a technical issue and get me I'll get your issue solved. I'm a darn good Tech CSR too. :)

We know how frustrating it is when something your paying for is not working. But please remember it is not easy trying to help someone fix something over the phone, If we could snap our fingers and make your equipment work or get a tech to your house in an hour, I promise you we would.
I hate it when a customer is misinformed or the CSR forgot to tell them something important, but we all make mistakes and have bad days at work, Well everybody except me.....just kidding

P.S.

I just want to confirm that what he's saying is true, there's only so much the computer system will allow us to do.

Sheila,

Nice to have you here just be careful and just try to walk a fine line. I set the ground rules so I would not forget and to limit expectations. Basically limiting my self as there is no oversight by upper management and trying to stay low on the radar for now.

But any help from the tech department would be great.

Only question I have are you just tech trained or have you done the Network Media training?

Don't forget, there are many levels to the phone tree .....
I have got very good information from some that are in the more advanced departments.

I have also been thanked by many CSR's for teaching them some things as well.
That one kinda surprises ya, but hey it happens. :)

Don't forget, there are many levels to the phone tree .....
I have got very good information from some that are in the more advanced departments.

I have also been thanked by many CSR's for teaching them some things as well.
That one kinda surprises ya, but hey it happens. :)

I have had some interesting conversatiosn with Network Media Tech support before being from the IT field.

Agents are funny like that . I wont go into some of the stuff I talk about to my agents.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts