grounding blocks

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, is there a maximum number of connections that I should keep in mind when planning this system when using RG6? I would imagine that each block and connector takes away from the efficiency of the cable.

thanks,
RJ

There should be a ground from the dish(s) to the multi switch. The multi switch should be grounded to the electrical service ground. Thats it.

houses near by all use some sort of tower, except for the tall 2+ story harm houses and victorians. My house is a manufactured home as tall as some neighbors garages. By putting up the HDTV antenna, I would like to have the best odds of receiving programming from all networks and some are upto 50 miles away. D* said that my locals are not available in HD via Sat and onlly via ant. So until the add my networks, I will rely on the Ant for movies and sporting events and have the D* locals (in SD) to fall back on if weither or other factors come into play that prevent a good signal.

Thanks for liking the website. Kind of simple, MSPAINT. But I find that I need something to record everything I learn with these forums. Plus, I hope that it might cause someone to speakup if I am doing something wrong or if I over plan something.

RJ

Why do you need two sets of ground blocks? If you are that worried, get surge suppression on your power and phone. A lot of lighting hits come in through the phone, and I lost a PS2 to a brown out last month......

Make sure that tower gets grounded, not just the satties.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)