grounding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
When doing a pole mount how do you ground? I read somewhere about grounding clamps? Do i still need a grounding block if i have a clamp? I apologize for being such a newbie.

shocker510 said:
When doing a pole mount how do you ground? I read somewhere about grounding clamps? Do i still need a grounding block if i have a clamp? I apologize for being such a newbie.

Run a dual RG-6 with ground(messenger) it is a #17 awg copper or copper coated wire attached to the RG-6 Dual....run this to your ground block and connect both the #17 awg from the dish and your Ground wire #10 to the house (electrical ground source etc.

And of course the #17awg wire needs to be attached to the dish Mast.

Ground

shocker510 said:
I will need to 18 inch dishes for my set-up. Does that mean i need 2 grounding blocks?

Yes all coax runs must go to a ground block and from there to your set-up or multiswitch etc.

You are doing 72.5 for Locals?

Do you have 2 round 18 inch dishes ? If you are doing 72.5 you will also need a multiswitch to combine the 101 and the 72.5 signals to your receivers.

Yes, My locals come from 72.5w. I don't have my dishes yet. I'm really not sure if i'm eligible for D-TV's current offer for free everything since i was a d-tv subsciber until 2002. Made the mistake of going to cable. Does the eagle aspen 4x4 multiswitch work on d-tv?

One more thing, what's the best way to mount mutli-switches and grounding blocks to a pole. Think i have decieded to a pole mount with both dishes on the same pole.

mounting

shocker510 said:
One more thing, what's the best way to mount mutli-switches and grounding blocks to a pole. Think i have decieded to a pole mount with both dishes on the same pole.

If at all possible as i think Dragon002 metioned in your other post, it is advisable to mount to the structure if at all possible!!

Ground block blocks and multiswitch should not just be mounted at the pole they need to be as close to your ground source as possible,and should be in such a place as to somewhat protect them from the elements.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts