Grrrrr....

Thanks for the info. I don't know what they would think aobut me moving my address a day after I started their service, tohugh

I went through this alot as an installer, Customer rep didn't properly explain everthing just like this. This is a big reason I don't do any video fulfillment work. That, and it doesn't pay enough.

SolApathy,

You should be able to receive your Columbus HD locals OA with 622s and an antenna if you live in Columbus. I had a similar situation with HDTVs and wrote a "nice" email to ceo@echostar.com explaining that I now had 3 HDTVs and have been an AEP customer for years. They responded by setting me up with a second 622 and a 211. The installer said I'm not supposed to do this, but I have orders from some higher-up. A polite inquiry from a customer with a need a little bit out of the ordinary should get results. And, has for many of us.

I get the OTA channels, the thing is when I use the 622's ATSC tuner I get dropouts every so often. I have a 98 signal strength. when I use my TV's ATSC tuner I never have dropouts.

Thats why I am looking into another market for locals since there are no HD locals provided in Columbus

Well yesterday @ 3 a.m. I sent out a long winded letter detailing my concerns with their service & the offer I was given. I did not get an email, what I did get was even better....

I received a call from Dish Network about 15 minutes ago. The lady on the phone informed me they had received my letter & they would resolve the issue by adding an additional 622 & leaving 1 of the 211's.

this still leave me with:

(2) 622 receivers
(1) 211

This is exactly what I was offered & looking for. Jenny was very courteous & gave me her direct line if any other issues ever popped up.

This is a definite plus & I am now very satisfied that they fixed this mistake quickly & to my satisfaction. Kudos 2 Dish

OTA not being detected on 622?

Stuttering HD Channels??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)