Guardian Enterprise sells WSFJ-51 Columbus (GTN Flagship)

mattb

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Columbus, OH, USA
http://www.tvnewsday.com/articles/2008/08/06/daily.2/#top

"APPROVED: WSFJ/51 Newark sale by Guardian Enterprise Group to religious superbroadcaster Trinity Broadcasting Network."

Looks like their ditching their flagship station WSFJ-51 (will not contiune to air GTN in Columbus after the sale completes but eventually go TBN with subchannels)..

Wonder what this means for the GTN Channel on Skyangel? I wonder if Gardian will replace it with their ".2 Network"?

This is sad news. That was one of the channels I missed when SA went out of business.

Just what we don't need. Yet another TBN OTA affiliate. I rarely watch much of anything on TBN anymore since the programming content tanked and even less later when they gave Hal Lidnsey the boot. I guess he's back on their channel now but I've gotten out the the habit of going to that channel.

This is sad news. That was one of the channels I missed when SA went out of business.

Just what we don't need. Yet another TBN OTA affiliate. I rarely watch much of anything on TBN anymore since the programming content tanked and even less later when they gave Hal Lidnsey the boot. I guess he's back on their channel now but I've gotten out the the habit of going to that channel.

Sad news indeed.:( I hate to see TBN and Daystar take over Christian television stations. I really have nothing good to say about these two networks.

WSFJ was not the GTN feed anyway so maybe GTN will change to .2 Networks?

JeffH

Sad news indeed

This was also my favorite channel when SA was on Satellite. Very sorry to see this station go.

I hope you are right that someone else picks up GTN.

Sad news indeed.:( I hate to see TBN and Daystar take over Christian television stations. I really have nothing good to say about these two networks.

WSFJ was not the GTN feed anyway so maybe GTN will change to .2 Networks?

JeffH

Totally agree with you brother!!! There is so much false and distorted doctrine taught on TBN and Daystar.... the programs that they produce on their own and some of the family friendly / Christian films are GREAT....but they have really built out so much with so many affiliates domestically and globally -- that they have to take programming fees from misguided preachers to pay their bills.

Paul and Jan Crouch are sitting on over $100 million in the TBN bank account. I pray that they use that money to help save souls. I pray that they humble themselves and exhalt our Lord, Jesus -- and not their own interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts