Guess what...NBA time and still no TNTHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashadyone23

Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
How many years is this gonna happen? Anyone have ANY word on when DirecTV will pick this up?

Nope, but many times, many reliable sources have said no new national HD channels will be around until the HD local rollout is mostly complete.

I would guess you're screwed for this season.

H

There's only nine NBA fans left anyway, so at least Directv has that going for them.

whats the NBA? :)

Oh wait...isnt that the league where the people make 8 million dollars and they still want a "clothing allowance"?

Hogarth said:
Nope, but many times, many reliable sources have said no new national HD channels will be around until the HD local rollout is mostly complete.

I would guess you're screwed for this season.

Not necessarily. Latest word is that this might come when ST ends (free MPEG2 bandwidth that never needs to be given back).

dashadyone23 said:
How many years is this gonna happen? Anyone have ANY word on when DirecTV will pick this up?

If it doesn't appear this season it would only be the 2nd full season. Still too long as we all agree, but I guess the same folks saying no more national HD channels until after the LIL HD upgrade are the same folks saying the same thing before ESPN2 HD came online. My guess is this will be one one the first 2-4 new channels added before the end of the year which is still too far off; 2 months into the season. It also seems to be the same people bitching to add everything YD has right now are the same people bitching that the bandwidth is so low they can't watch TV.

charper1 said:
but I guess the same folks saying no more national HD channels until after the LIL HD upgrade are the same folks saying the same thing before ESPN2 HD came online.

I won't disagree, but I sure wish ESPN2 had some value in HD. It's almost like watching "The Ocho".

hancox said:
Not necessarily. Latest word is that this might come when ST ends (free MPEG2 bandwidth that never needs to be given back).

Sorry, but the rumor that Sunday Ticket has it's own slice of bandwidth is false. DirecTV makes room for it by turning off PPV.

dunno if this helps. i was chatting with a customer service supervisor this afternoon about my bill and mentioned how much i want to see tnt hd on directv. she forwarded my info and suggests a deluge of email requesting it. can't do any harm!!

iceturkee said:
dunno if this helps. i was chatting with a customer service supervisor this afternoon about my bill and mentioned how much i want to see tnt hd on directv. she forwarded my info and suggests a deluge of email requesting it. can't do any harm!!
Do you realize how many people have all ready requested D* for TNTHD? By now they should have thousands of requests. There is no way Im going to bother calling them again when they know that most of us want it! :no There's a thin line betwenn asking and begging and frankly Im not will stoop that low for someone who only exist because I pay a month fee! Ill take my money elsewhere before D* get another request from me!

GeorgeLV said:
Sorry, but the rumor that Sunday Ticket has it's own slice of bandwidth is false. DirecTV makes room for it by turning off PPV.

Quite true and further, if ST was it's own slice, D* could run TNT-HD for all but maybe 8 hours a week. Believe me, D* would LOVE to give this to us, they just can't at this point.

That is why I kept Comcast. I need my NBA in HD! TNT HD and INHD.
Who's bright idea was it to add ESPN2 before TNT?? :confused:

dnyce said:
That is why I kept Comcast. I need my NBA in HD! TNT HD and INHD.
Who's bright idea was it to add ESPN2 before TNT?? :confused:

I'd take HD NCAA football over HD NBA anyday so it would have been an easy decision for me... :)

I was looking through a Crutchfield catalog I got in the mail yesterday and on the page with DirecTV receivers was a list of HD channels on DirecTV and one of the ones listed was TNT-HD. I don't know if that is a mistake or a sign of things to come...

Has there been any additional talk of new "national" networks
being added to the D* HD line-up?

I've got my MPEG-4 rcvr on it's way, just in case :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)