Guesses on the new rules at AVS???

It will be moderated by "Capt. 2 cents" JL. He will threadcap every thread then delete it.

I have no idea. Personally, I like the fact that they gave everyone a time out if it's true that people were physically threatening each other.

I really like how they locked the pr0n movie thread as the last post in the HD DVD software forum. :p

I have no idea. Personally, I like the fact that they gave everyone a time out if it's true that people were physically threatening each other.

I really like how they locked the pr0n movie thread as the last post in the HD DVD software forum. :p
It will not change anything.

Rule #1 - Amir is allowed to say whatever he wants
Rule #2 - If you bash Amir or HDDVD you are banned
Rule $3 - Go back to Rule #1 and start over

:eek:

Rule #1 - Amir is allowed to say whatever he wants
Rule #2 - If you bash Amir or HDDVD you are banned
Rule $3 - Go back to Rule #1 and start over

:eek:

Rule1 Beatboy77 is allowed to say anything he wants (honestly I think he must be blowing one of the mods) along with thebland.
Rule 2 Anyone bashing them will be punished.
Rule 3, see rule 1

Posting Rules For The HD Disc Areas
Posting Rules For The HD Disc Areas

AVS Forum is first and foremost the place for help and support of our home theater gear. It never was intended to be a place where a "war" is fought over a new format. In fact the site is known as the place for early adopters to talk about new gear and coming technology.

In keeping with the spirit of what the site is about, we are going to set some ground rules when using the sections of the site that can easily become an issue place between members. You may not like it, you may think we are not allowing some information when we should, thats fine, you have a right to your thoughts. However please understand, we choose what we think is best for this site. Posting here is not a given right and you are free to find other places with less restrictions.

So along these lines, we feel the following information does not have a need to be on this site and will be removed as reported or seen.

Number of player units sold.
Number of disc titles and format types sold.
(Unless from a disinterested third party site like Nelson where real numbers are tracked)

"X is winning" type posts.
"I support X so deal with it."
No Trolling or posting just inciting others.
Accusing of someone of being a paid shill. (If you have proof, show us.)
Posting of information that can not be verified but is stated as fact. (Proof?)
Attacking another site for their thoughts on the subject.
Attacking other members of the press or media.
Promoting other sites.
No petitions posts.
No "Buy Days" to support going out to purchase on a certain day.
As always, no hacking chat.

Looks like a lot, sure. But we believe the above are some of the items that make it worse on this site for it's members who then get into back and forth over it. Some of the above are worse than others, some just really have no place here. Their are other sites that allow it, this is not one. Moderators will try to be fair and objective. It is not the letter of the law, but more the spirit of the rule. We do what we can.

What can you chat about? Here is a simple example...

Need help with a player?
Have an issue with a title playing?
Talk about the movies and quality in the proper area.
Technical aspects
Updates, Patches
Being helpful to others when you can be.
Etc.

All in all no real need to attack each other, for remember, it is one thing to debate and another thing to attack. You can chat about the formats without getting into personal attacks and the "who is winning". We want these AVS sections to again be under control and helpful to it's members and guests. (and the industry for technical issues and what have you.)

Please also be aware that this also applies to signatures and private messages.

What will happen if someone continues this on the site? Account Suspensions, Accounts Banned, IP's Banned and ISP's notified if needed, and for the worst offenders, all posts made to this site, even if thousands, removed for the member. Please note...THIS IS YOUR ONLY NOTICE ON THIS.

We will not allow for the debating of the rules on the site. This will be modified as needed.

So, please be so kind to use this site as it is intended or take a time out to watch a movie on your format of choice.

Thank you.

AVS Forum - Announcements in Forum : Blu-ray & HD DVD Areas

AVS has just turned BLUE ruling out 99% of the posts except Neilsen and BLU Ray shill Bill Hunt articles. :rolleyes:

Wow, I might actually start going there again. I'm two steps away from dumping blu-ray.com

I had a guy PM me letting me now the site was 100% bd and not to dicsuss HDDVD. My reply was no sh*t.

Im guessing its because I went neutral.

I just read those Vurbano. We'll see how it goes.

Elway,

I am enjoying your posts since you went purple.

S~

What I find truely pathetic is that users like you or I have to go to another site, this one, to discuss the topic. The Nazi mods over there would quickly delete threads discussing AVS policies.

Elway,

S~
I can see it now.

BDfanboy posts the latest BD slanted FUD from 3rd party Bill Hunt on AVS.

HD DVD fan calls it biased.

HD DVD fan is banned.

all of this = blu-ray.com IMO

Oh and you cant say anything negative about blu-ray.com either! LMAO

nor thedigitalbits!!!

And as expected:

PooperScooper
AVS Moderator
AVS GOLD CLUB MEMBER

sorry, no discussion about the close down or what you guys think - good or bad. Any issues you really feel strong about please PM one of the mods. However, don't expect any changes or sympathy.
smile.gif

larry

Elway,

S~

Hehe thanks. I was admittedly hardheaded about BD. I always wanted all my movies in HD, I more argued for storage and CE support(non video).

At the end of the day it aint worth it, we should all be enjoying as much HD as possible regardless. Its like D* vs E*, who gives a sh*t.

I agree with vurbano. I actually get the most level headed BD/HDDVD talk here as opposed to AVS and Bluray.com. Pretty embarrassing. Maybe its because the fanatics go to those sites.

I can see it now.

BDfanboy posts the latest BD slanted FUD from 3rd party Bill Hunt on AVS.

HD DVD fan calls it biased.

HD DVD fan is banned.

all of this = blu-ray.com IMO

Oh and you cant say anything negative about blu-ray.com either! LMAO

nor thedigitalbits!!!

The first rule of blu-ray.com is dont talk bad about the site or the format
The second rule of blu-ray.com is dont talk bad about the site or the format

DBStalk is the same way. Ive been giving D* hell about the HR21 not having OTA. At satguys its discussed calmly, at DBS you get slammed for doubting Earl/Tom and going against the D* gods. I feel if Im a customer(BD/HDDVD/D*) I can bitch.

Dont vote, cant bitch. If you voted, bitch all you want.

Unbelievable

All I can say is WOW

Quote:

I can't believe you have to ask for "permission" to post news articles now. What has AVS become?

A better place....

100% improvement since before the lockdown.

Quote:

A better place....

100% improvement since before the lockdown.
Thanks

infraction issued

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)