Seems I've been banned from the Blu-Ray forum here at SatelliteGuys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people must be delusional and think others care about their ignore list. This is what I say to your ignore list: (Darn I can’t find the picture it must have been removed, it was in the cablevision forum, somebody pasted a picture of a cartoon character with a huge middle finger sticking up)

Anyway if BD fanboys don’t like what I say it’s only because they want all cheering in the forum.

Some people must be delusional and think others care about their ignore list. This is what I say to your ignore list: (Darn I can’t find the picture it must have been removed, it was in the cablevision forum, somebody pasted a picture of a cartoon character with a huge middle finger sticking up)

Anyway if BD fanboys don’t like what I say it’s only because they want all cheering in the forum.

:D

His behavior is why he is on my Ignore List, and why he will stay there. His repetitive rants are simply not worth my time anymore.

Vurbano, at least, often posts on different topics and has made positive contributions. He still gives the impression he sucks lemons for breakfast, though. :p
Hey I like HD movies and right now BD is the only format for them. I just do not like the hardware money grab that is going on. And the lack of working profile 2.0 standalones is dissapointing. Prices should not be this high. In the end keeping J6P and others out of BD will hurt it. I gotta tell ya the BD hardware isle at my local walmart is growing cobwebs. I think anyone that walks by just rolls their eyes. Take into account our teetering economy and gas prices and a money grab is a BAD idea.

Hey I like HD movies and right now BD is the only format for them. I just do not like the hardware money grab that is going on. And the lack of working profile 2.0 standalones is dissapointing. Prices should not be this high. In the end keeping J6P and others out of BD will hurt it. I gotta tell ya the BD hardware isle at my local walmart is growing cobwebs. I think anyone that walks by just rolls their eyes. Take into account our teetering economy and gas prices and a money grab is a BAD idea.

I know what your saying about the hardware compared to that of hd dvd. however, what would you rather have a higher up front cost(player) and less for the software or a lower up front cost and higher prices for the software? You get still find deals on blu ray where they are 9.99 or 15.99, I never saw an hd dvd at this price. Correct me if im wrong and Im sure someone will. Personally when looked at from this prospective I rather have higher up front cost so after I got the player I can buy more movies :)

I know what your saying about the hardware compared to that of hd dvd. however, what would you rather have a higher up front cost(player) and less for the software or a lower up front cost and higher prices for the software? You get still find deals on blu ray where they are 9.99 or 15.99, I never saw an hd dvd at this price. Correct me if im wrong and Im sure someone will. Personally when looked at from this prospective I rather have higher up front cost so after I got the player I can buy more movies :)
Those are prices now months after the war probably of titles laying around collecting dust. When the war was on prices were comparable, not counting the $ony sponsored BOGO. If I could save $400 -$500 up front then I could buy quite a few of those $9.99 titles. I’d prefer those numbers.

Vurbano if that were indeed the case you would have been gone a long long long time ago. :)

I was away last night but from what I saw in the staff area the OP kept on posting the same thing over and over again even after staff kept removing it. To the staff it appeared he was just trying to piss off the staff when now it appears it was more just mis communication then anything else. :)
I agree your forums are not like that. Never have been. Without knowing the communication error that occured between nonrev and dfergie, to the on looker it appeared that a policy or practice had changed for one area of the forum.

nonrev, I hope you got the message.
I will make it easier for you: We are tired of your crap on the BD forums.
Keep your crap in the "cheerzone".

All I see is nonrev and vurbano holding hands while going down the roller coaster.

:D
Oh here is a picture of you guys:
I don't have to post about the 3rd person, since that certain someone stayed out of this thread :D

375521105_8a43d4cbf7.jpg

J/K on the last part :D

On a serious note, rules are applied the same way for everyone.
I had few posts back then regarding HD-DVD on the HD-DVD forums, and the mods pointed that out, and I understood what they were saying, I am not stupid enough to challenge the mods and keep reposting the same crap over and over again, thats pushing the buttons.
L2read the comments that mods leave when they delete your posts.

Who told you that?
Same person that taught you English?
Guess what: he was kidding, you're much more than enough.

Diogen.

Look who is talking,

mountie.jpg

Diogen, you are so smart that you only quoted part of my post.
People miss spell everywhere in the forums.

Did I hurt your feelings?

:river

Diogen, you are so smart...
...and you blubloods still win hands down.
Just consult one of your local "philosophers" - he invented the usage of the word "putrid" to the HD format.
Whereas it is much more applicable to the local Blu's writings, yours included, misspelled or not...

I know that asking whether you know the difference between talking and writing would be too much.

EDIT:
Did I hurt your feelings?
So, "butt hurt" got replaced with "Did I hurt..."
Wasn't sure about the spelling or what?

To answer your question, no you didn't. You are good entertainment, even with bad English...

Diogen.

Last edited:
...and you blubloods still win hands down.
Just consult one of your local "philosophers" - he invented the usage of the word "putrid" to the HD format.
Whereas it is much more applicable to the local Blu's writings, yours included, misspelled or not...

I know that asking whether you know the difference between talking and writing would be too much.

EDIT:
So, "butt hurt" got replaced with "Did I hurt..."
Wasn't sure about the spelling or what?

To answer your question, no you didn't. You are good entertainment, even with bad English...

Diogen.

:D:up

I edited because most likely the mods would have done it for me.

nonrev, I hope you got the message.
What message? That the Mod screwed up and didn't inform him of why they were deleting things? Did you even read the thread? You seem to just want to come in here and attack Diogen, Nonrev and myself.

Wow, you guys sure do know how to dress up a dance -- and still we are fussing about false sales numbers and overstated numbers by both sides over what? And Vurbano, come on, the mods stated time and time again that the posting needed to go into the WZ. Should the mods start spelling out every decision for everyone? If the poster does not know what is going on why not just send an e-mail to the mod for a clarification -- why press the issue in the open forum?

The WZ was kept open so that the BD Forum would not get muddied up with unhappy HD-DVD campers trying to skew BD. I just don't see where the problem is.

The thing I find amazing is how the HD-DVD supporters think HD-DVD was so much cheaper to manufacture, it was such an amazing engineering feat all you had to do was put 2 in a dark room over night and you had a litter of the damn things. People Toshiba lost their ass on it. No one joined in because Toshiba forced the prices so low no one could make any money. Blu-Ray is expensive because it is new technology, I feel bad that Joe Six Pack has to wait a couple of years to join the fun, but that is life.

The thing I find amazing is how the HD-DVD supporters think HD-DVD was so much cheaper to manufacture, it was such an amazing engineering feat all you had to do was put 2 in a dark room over night and you had a litter of the damn things. People Toshiba lost their ass on it. No one joined in because Toshiba forced the prices so low no one could make any money. Blu-Ray is expensive because it is new technology, I feel bad that Joe Six Pack has to wait a couple of years to join the fun, but that is life.

Most of us know this, the rest wont accept it.

Wow, you guys sure do know how to dress up a dance -- and still we are fussing about false sales numbers and overstated numbers by both sides over what? And Vurbano, come on, the mods stated time and time again that the posting needed to go into the WZ. Should the mods start spelling out every decision for everyone? If the poster does not know what is going on why not just send an e-mail to the mod for a clarification -- why press the issue in the open forum?

The WZ was kept open so that the BD Forum would not get muddied up with unhappy HD-DVD campers trying to skew BD. I just don't see where the problem is.
First get over it. The mod apologized for the mix up. You are coming in late and simply trolling. Second they are not unhappy HD-DVD campers, they are consumers pointing out problems.

The thing I find amazing is how the HD-DVD supporters think HD-DVD was so much cheaper to manufacture...
Well, there are 2 parts to a format: player and media.

Player: If the PS3 is claimed to break even atm (and if you believe Joe is making a sh!tload of money for a while already) for $399,
what do you think it costs to manufacture a player that has only one expensive component from the PS3 in it - the BD drive.
You might add the SoC that is quite expensive, between $20 and $40 according to kjack. The rest are pennies.

Media: If you believe that HD discs were not cheaper to manufacture (by at least an order of magnitude around the time BD was
launched) then I'm amazed by one thing only: the efficiency of the BD brainwashing machine...

Diogen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts