I hope Warner already cashed Sony's check

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Speed Racer which looked like crap in the previews to me BOMBED this weekend. (Heaven knows CNN ain't gonna print it like this.)

Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton » Blog Archive » Even WORSE Than Expected

The first bomb of the "summer" box office season!
Speed Racer barely took in $20 million at the U.S. Box Office this past weekend.
The film reportedly took in $20.2 million, but rival studios think Warner Bros. is lying about that number, so they can claim a second place finish.
Iron Man came in first for a second weekend in a row, taking in $50.5 mill.
And, the Ashton Kutcher / Cameron Diaz flick, What Happens In Vegas came in third (or possibly second) with $19.7 million.
We hope WB isn't lying about Speed's take. That would be soooo shady!

Not really a warzone topic. There is a section for movie reviews. I have no intention of ever seeing this film. I loved the cartoon back in the day. No interest in an unrealistic cg world.

That said, official box office totals come out Monday afternoon.

S~

Yes, it is. It's a snipe at Warner for taking Sony's $400 mill and refusing Toshiba's $250 mill several months earlier. (400>250!)

You can tell it is going to be a bad movie when you go to yahoo movies and cannot find critic reviews or user reviews easily. They must pay to have a special movie promotion page instead of the usual one that has the ratings up top on opening day. They appear a couple days later (they are up now for speed racer critics C and users B)

I chose not to watch it at the movies, but I WILL buy it on BR. You guys turn everything you can into a anti BR issue, get over it. Has everyone forgotten movies should be fun, or are we too serious about arguing every topic?

I will RENT but not buy it on BD when it comes out. The kids want to see it, and to me the effects look interesting. The trailer looked great on HD Net, so I am looking forward to the BD release. My Sony Bravia has a better picture now than what I get in my local movie theater, ever since they closed down the one theater with digital projection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts