Warner Rumor Quelled?

This is the war zone. There's nothing but rumors here.

I got an e-mail this morning saying that a major Blu studio is about to go neutral. That's it. It didn't list which one.

I love how Swanni posted that Warner will go Blu only then posted Warner's denial.

Swanni's 2008 Predictions: Warner Bros. to Endorse Blu-ray

Warner Denies Blu-ray Switch

Wal-Mart said they had no plans to have Venturer HD-DVD players in their stores this holiday season. No one saw the Paramount deal happening beforehand. Who knows?

I see Warner staying purple to be joined by a minor (Showtime or Anchor Bay) BD exclusive studio.

I got that too. I would say Lionsgate since they are in financial trouble. But I would not believe anything until that studio came out and announced it.

S~

I don't really believe any of the rumors until I see facts, either, but this doesn't exactly quell them. He just says they haven't made a decision. Well, of course they haven't. The last rumor I saw was that they were waiting to see which format sold more this season, and THEN they were going to make a decision.

The last rumor I saw was that they were waiting to see which format sold more this season, and THEN they were going to make a decision.
Since when a direct quote from an exec is considered a rumor?
Warner Says "We're Still Onboard with Both Formats" | High-Def Digest
This was a month ago.

The latest rumor - few days ago - came from Business Week and you took part in the discussion
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hd-dvd-blu-ray-war-zone/117049-business-week-blu-ray-winning.html

Diogen.

I see Warner staying purple to be joined by a minor (Showtime or Anchor Bay) BD exclusive studio.

I believe that Anchor Bay is already neutral. While they are releasing on BD first they are supposed to be releasing on HD-DVD in 2008.

Yepp, and no one believed what paramount was doing until it happened.

The same BD insiders that are claiming BD has a great shot at getting WB single format in early 08 are the same guys that hinted around the paramount deal before it happened.

You guys always believe company releases? You should read some of the crap D* and E* claim they are going to do. :rolleyes:

I don't really believe any of the rumors until I see facts, either, but this doesn't exactly quell them. He just says they haven't made a decision. Well, of course they haven't. The last rumor I saw was that they were waiting to see which format sold more this season, and THEN they were going to make a decision.

EXACTLY. All the lady says is that no decision has been made. Once its made we'll all head about it.

Yepp, and no one believed what paramount was doing until it happened.

The same BD insiders that are claiming BD has a great shot at getting WB single format in early 08 are the same guys that hinted around the paramount deal before it happened.

You guys always believe company releases? You should read some of the crap D* and E* claim they are going to do. :rolleyes:

Of course we also had people reading the same press releases and insisting that Warner was going HD DVD exclusive.

Of course we also had people reading the same press releases and insisting that Warner was going HD DVD exclusive.

:eek:

Im not going to argue this topic anymore, Im going to buy all the potters on BD for WB before Christmas and we'll see what happens on early 08. I have put my HDDVD purchases on a slight hold just to see.

Since when a direct quote from an exec is considered a rumor?
Warner Says "We're Still Onboard with Both Formats" | High-Def Digest
This was a month ago.

The latest rumor - few days ago - came from Business Week and you took part in the discussion
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hd-dvd-blu-ray-war-zone/117049-business-week-blu-ray-winning.html

Diogen.

I actually saw the "watching 4th quarter sales" rumor after the one you posted here, so my statment (the last rumor I saw) was correct. :)

Anyway, I've always said that I don't put too much stock in any of those rumors one way or the other. Some of them do seem to make more sense than others, but until I see an official press release stating that they've dropped support for one or the other, I'm not getting too worked up about it or changing any purchase plans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)