Warner is looking.....

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I usually dont bite into rumors easily but with so many places and insiders reporting it, and BD having the favorable outcome. I encourage anyone looking to buy BD's over the next couple of week to find a Warner title you like.

I know they are looking at totals, but seeing their totals up would be even better.

I looked over how many titles I've bought were WB, and how many on my wish list. They are by far getting the most of my BD dollars. Any I don't get gifted over Xmas, I'll buy the following week. Especially if I can find them on sale.

Thats ok, because Im going to grab your bowl and piss in it

Did you read the ariticle?

"We have made no decision to change our present policy which is to produce in both HD DVD and Blu-ray." And that's all she wrote.

1) Of course they arent going to tip their hands, most (except insiders) did not know of Paramount until it was out.

2) Those same insiders are giving recommendations to "buy blue WB" titles this Christmas because it WILL pay off

3) Then theres the news and financial columns claiming the same thing that the title of my thread does.

Yeah, I guess Id beleive the Studio too :rolleyes:

They stated the truth. They have not made a decision yet. They'll make that decision at some point in the future. They may know what that decision is already, or not. But they'll decide, probably after 4th Q results are in. I'd love to hear a move to Blu-ray at CES. But I doubt it'll happen. Maybe at the end of Jan or later in Q1. Possibly not at all- but I'm a believer that Blu-ray will triumph eventually.

so has anyone speculated on what percentage of sales BD will need to get warner to wear their class ring?

What if sales are withing 10% of each other?

They stated the truth. They have not made a decision yet. They'll make that decision at some point in the future. They may know what that decision is already, or not. But they'll decide, probably after 4th Q results are in. I'd love to hear a move to Blu-ray at CES. But I doubt it'll happen. Maybe at the end of Jan or later in Q1. Possibly not at all- but I'm a believer that Blu-ray will triumph eventually.
Maybe they're waiting for someone to offer them 200 mil?

Well, I bought HP1,3,4, & 5 this week to give my support. I did not really like 2 so itll stay fine on SD DVD.

Im gonna watch Blade Runner on Netflix soon, if I like it then itll be my after Christmas purchase.

I did too except on HDVD. By the way, How's those interactive extra's on the BD?:D

Wouldnt know/dont care, I bought the disc to watch the movie :cool:.

I understand why you guys must continue to taunt interactivity for HDDVD since its the only thing it has going, I feel ya.

Just in case your wondering, use 0% of the interactivity on my A2 discs too.

Wouldnt know/dont care, I bought the disc to watch the movie :cool:.

I understand why you guys must continue to taunt interactivity for HDDVD since its the only thing it has going, I feel ya.

Just in case your wondering, use 0% of the interactivity on my A2 discs too.

Thats like saying I won't take the free appetizer because I came here to eat steak.

I also understand why you guys down play interactivity for BD since you don't have it, I feel ya too.

A closed mind is a dangerous mind.

Thats like saying I won't take the free appetizer because I came here to eat steak.

I also understand why you guys down play interactivity for BD since you don't have it, I feel ya too.

Actually, it's more like saying "I won't go to a different restaurant to get the same steak just because they have a free appetizer." :)

I love how you think Im closed minded because i dont care about interactivity. Seems like youre more fitting of that statement. My opinon does not equal yours, therefore Im closed minded.

I've owned a DVD player since late 99 ($400 for a sony) and never gotten any use out of extras. I ddi not say I wont take it, once again I said I dont CARE.

The reason I buy BD's over HDDVD's is because I prefer HDDVD to fail, so if Im going to spend my money itll be on a BD.

My buying freeze is off day after XMAS and there are a few BD Warner titles I be getting!

Im really going to contest that this post was moved to the war zone. I specifically placed it in the BD forum because it pertains to BD owners supporting Warner at a crucial time. I dont want it to be another pissing contest war zone thread. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)