Is Warner Dumbing Down HD DVD Releases?

I guess it only makes sense - if Warner has chosen that side, it would seem they would want to do everything possible to push people that way, even if it means undercutting themselves.

The actor, director and producer examine the science...
I really hope this crap doesn't make it onto the HD DVD.

This issue aside, it's a nice movie.

Diogen.

The actor, director and producer examine the science...
I really hope this crap doesn't make it onto the HD DVD.

This issue aside, it's a nice movie.

Diogen.

Ha! Good point... and I've generally said that I don't care about the extras either. It does prove Warner's commitment to BD, though, if this is true...

Why would the blu guys care, they get the extras.

As far as me, everyone here ought to know studios can send me the dumbest movies they want, as long as they have good PQ. Extras bore me.

I will be buying it.

As far as me, everyone here ought to know studios can send me the dumbest movies they want, as long as they have good PQ. Extras bore me.

I will be buying it.

You're still in eye candy state? I have Transformers and Hot Fuzz. That's enough. I want no more crappy eye candy, but bad movies which is why until Warner switched the only studio I cared about on the Blu side was Sony.

You're still in eye candy state? I have Transformers and Hot Fuzz. That's enough. I want no more crappy eye candy, but bad movies which is why until Warner switched the only studio I cared about on the Blu side was Sony.

No, I care about the movie. Just stating that a good encode is all I care about as far as the disc is concerned. They can delete the extras and the pretty pro blu movie trailers for all I care.

I will be buying it.

I have been saying this all along.... Give me excelent PQ and just give me PCM 5.1 or 7.1 on all disks and thay should still leave room for those Must have TrueHD or DTS MA Finatics

just don't tell them pcm sounds identical...:)

Sweet irony.

HD-DVD fanboys have been ripping Blu-Ray for lack of 2.0 players because, "it's all about the extras." Now they may not get all of the extras included on the Blu-Ray disc and it's, "who cares about extras? I just watch the movie."

Not suprised.

Sweet irony.

HD-DVD fanboys have been ripping Blu-Ray for lack of 2.0 players because, "it's all about the extras." Now they may not get all of the extras included on the Blu-Ray disc and it's, "who cares about extras? I just watch the movie."

Not suprised.

:haha

Sweet irony.

Not suprised.

The way i look at it... give me a directors cut of the movie and i will see the deleted scenes :)

I would consider them dumbing down the HD DVD if they left off interactivity and PiP. If they leave off a snippet or two like they did with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix--whatever...

Blu-Ray does have an extra 20GB. I'm glad they're doing something with it rather than wasting it with PCM for the crappy Blu-Ray players that don't support Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)