Poll: BD prices if Warner is infact going Blue

BD price per disc if Warner is going blue

• Total voters
I voted prices going up (at least for now). I already noticed more titles listed at higher prices at Amazon. Grab those BOGO's quickly. Even before the BOGO's I was getting most below $20 (remember that 10% off that Amazon offered for a year?). However more titles are now listed in the $28-30 dollar range at Amazon.

Eventually the prices will definitely have to come down, just as they did with DVD's.

Those that think prices will not go up are dellusional. SOny has to fund the 500 million dollar payoff. The real reason why Warner went Blu? - Engadget HD

That is just a rumor -- besides explain this to me -- if Sony is in such dire straights as all of you Sony haters have pointed out time and time again where do they get the money? Besides, if they did pay Warner it was the best $500 mil this company has spent in the last 10 years!

Who said Sony alone paid Warner? Last I looked BDA had some other companies with deep pockets and some of them have substantial interest in the format succeeding.

Who said Sony alone paid Warner? Last I looked BDA had some other companies with deep pockets and some of them have substantial interest in the format succeeding.

I read somewhere it was paid in Sony stock.

*shrug* Who cares. If Sony payed me that much I would go on a xbox 360 destroying terror. For that much I would punch Bill gates in the face lol.

I could afford the lawyers to keep me out of prison :D

Its funny, higher BD prices will just slow down BD sales and speed up HD DVD sales who will run more BOGO's. I see a see-saw patttern in front of us. Fine by me, since I own both I will just buy the best deal. F*ck the silly war.
+1 I Will likely go purple monday...this is not a good thing imho...this said after activating a new DirectHD receiver...

That is just a rumor -- besides explain this to me -- if Sony is in such dire straights as all of you Sony haters have pointed out time and time again where do they get the money? Besides, if they did pay Warner it was the best $500 mil this company has spent in the last 10 years!

Nah Sony has really deep pockets. Until their investors pull out they are fine.

They survived the exploding dell/apple batteries and they will survive this as well.

And just like MS they can afford to lose several times and not be phased at all.

They will however keep prices high since they have no worry about hd-dvd, they will also drm the heck out of their movies.

Sony rootkit anyone ?
sony rootkit - Google Search

*shrug* Who cares. If Sony payed me that much I would go on a xbox 360 destroying terror. For that much I would punch Bill gates in the face lol.

Oh, I never read that, but if so, then hell, it actually cost Sony nothing in real money and Warner stands to gain much more than 500mil if Sony's plans pan out.

I can think of a better spot to punch Bill, Johnny Cage style! :)

Edit: actually I wouldn't punch Bill. He's a nice guy and is so big into charity. At least he and Buffett are not hording money like other people.

Oh, I never read that, but if so, then hell, it actually cost Sony nothing in real money and Warner stands to gain much more than 500mil if Sony's plans pan out.

I can think of a better spot to punch Bill, Johnny Cage style! :)

Edit: actually I wouldn't punch Bill. He's a nice guy and is so big into charity. At least he and Buffett are not hording money like other people.

That was in reference to how much I like Bill gates. aka how far would you go for that much money :D

Those that think prices will not go up are dellusional. SOny has to fund the 500 million dollar payoff. The real reason why Warner went Blu? - Engadget HD

Did you actually read that article?

"Home Entertainment Group said that it "was not a bidding war" and that it really came down to Q4 sales, specifically in the International markets -- then he wanted to know if we had any idea where they could collect the $500 Million."

Did you actually read that article?

"Home Entertainment Group said that it "was not a bidding war" and that it really came down to Q4 sales, specifically in the International markets -- then he wanted to know if we had any idea where they could collect the $500 Million."

There is a quite a few other sites using that 500 million dollar number. Warner chief was using it tongue and cheek, but it seems that is the actual number.

Warner Swayed By $500 Million From The BDA : Format War Central

doesn't matter Sony most likely wrapped up this war with that move.

Don't act like its a ton of money for these companies. MS lost 1 billion on repair work over the Red Ring of Death.

If they want to crack the masses, the discs have to be under $19.99, otherwise it's just you, me, and the other folks who actually read this forum.

Ding!

When I adopted DVD, it was for two reasons; 1) I found the players at the $199.99 price point I set for me to make the jump and 2) the media was priced competitively to VHS.

Expensive players and media were the reasons I never got behind Laser Disc.

:haha:haha

You just keep cracking me up!!:D

I think HD-DVD owners can expect A LOT of BOGO sales up until it's officially "OVER".
And I think Blu-Ray owners won't be seeing any BOGO anymore.
Competition Breeds sales. And the competition for Blu-Ray is now pretty much over.

Even if they start doing BOGO's with HD-DVD more often, IMO it will change anything. There will be two many people that just will stop buying HD-DVD's all together.