Target Going Blue exclusivly .

akodoreign

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Live coverage from the Philips press event - Engadget
1:26PM PT - The company is rolling out some new Ambisound home theater systems. 5.1 multi channel surround sound, integrated in a single bar of speakers. New iPod docks equipped with Bluetooth.

Wh-oh... talking Blu-ray! They've got a brand new BDP7200 Blu-ray player.

Wow -- Target is going Blu-ray exclusive according to Stewart. That's something.

Hmmm...
Interesting, lol WB is killing us Reds.

An alleged Target employee on Blu-ray.com stated they had gotten a memo. They only carry the BDP-300, big thing is this includes software. So possible Target quits selling HDDVD movies, which to me is more of a kick in the balls than stopping hardware.

An alleged Target employee on Blu-ray.com stated they had gotten a memo. They only carry the BDP-300, big thing is this includes software. So possible Target quits selling HDDVD movies, which to me is more of a kick in the balls than stopping hardware.

Their HDM pricing was already a kick in the balls. They had worse pricing than Best Buy when you consider that at least Best Buy and Circuit City (and even Borders) had BOGO free sales.

Live coverage from the Philips press event - Engadget
1:26PM PT - The company is rolling out some new Ambisound home theater systems. 5.1 multi channel surround sound, integrated in a single bar of speakers. New iPod docks equipped with Bluetooth.

Wh-oh... talking Blu-ray! They've got a brand new BDP7200 Blu-ray player.

Wow -- Target is going Blu-ray exclusive according to Stewart. That's something.

Hmmm...
Interesting, lol WB is killing us Reds.
I thought we were dead already? Again...

I don't believe he is at Target anymore. Burger King promised him that he would only have to work the drive-thru on Tuesdays and Thursdays. ;)

One thing I did notice when I was looking at BD Player prices for you earlier was that Wallyworld has an extremely large selection of BD Players online (including the BD30).

S~

One thing I did notice when I was looking at BD Player prices for you earlier was that Wallyworld has an extremely large selection of BD Players online (including the BD30).

S~

When I looked over a month ago it wasnt so. Maybe they ramped up for Christmas.

I think walmat and best buy would have the biggest effect picking a format. I think we arent near that point though.

Well what would you think?
People will go BD exclusive from now on, HD-DVD doesn't have much anymore.
By the end of Q1 2008 I can see CC,Best Buy, Wal-Mart and all other retailer stores going BD exclusive, soon the only way to get a Toshiba player probably would be online only.
If we are lucky, we may see HD-DVD players on clearance before the end of Q1.

Merchants are not stupid, they will not want to get stuck with players they cannot sell... I expect the future ordering of HD-DVD players and software goes down fast.

Yup and the last thing they want is be stuck with clearence items, its a loss of money for them.

Merchants are not stupid, they will not want to get stuck with players they cannot sell... I expect the future ordering of HD-DVD players and software goes down fast.

I think if people are informed enough, ordering will go down just because everyone slows HDDVD purchasing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)