Guid - No Information Available

spyro1987

Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
athens, ohio
I have dish network, every time I turn my guide on it says "No Information Available" for every channel and every time. I am currently connected to sat. 129 with a 58 signal strength. I can not connect to 110 or 121. I unplugged it waited and plugged it back in and it doesn't help at all, i did a check switch and it gave me a warning stating (That the test has found fewer satellites than previously detected. selecting "save" will result in a loss of channels. press "cancel" to keep the original settings and return to the previous menu. only select "save" if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added or removed equipment.) I don't know what to do to fix it please help!

From what I can tell, you need to have a Dish network tech come out and see what is going on. Some of the info you gave does not add up. As an overall guess, your dish needs to be aligned.

121W has not been used for quite a while, IIRC. Originally for HD and non-English but that ended with 118.7W.
119W should have the full guide of 8 days for all channels.
Each satellite, like 110W, should have a 2 program (not 2-hour) guide.
These are the current and next program for each channel.
I'm not sure if that is on 129W, which is mainly National HD TP17-32 and Local HD SpotBeam1-16.
After a reboot, manual or daily, you do have to wait several minutes to get the guide.
-Ken

All right guys here is the deal, I don't have a service contract with Dish since I bought my own equipment and just pay for programming on a month to month basis so I am trying to avoid having to pay them a couple hundred bucks to come out and trouble shoot my Dish. I was given the coordinates to point the Dish and found the Echostar 129W satellite and currently have a signal strength of 60+ when I check it. I have a turbo 500 LNB with three heads on it and two wires coming off of it. My understanding was even though I am pointed at 129W I should still be getting a signal from 119, & 110. When I check these satellites I have no signal and I am missing USA network and a few other channels I can't recall right now.

Do you all think this is a dish alignment issue? Another question I had is when you do the check switch what are you actually checking? Is it a switch in the LNB that allows it to pick up different frequencies? I have also taken my receiver to my friends house and it works fine there. Thanks for all the previous suggestions any more info you can provide would be awesome

It does sound like an alignment issue. I would try to lock in on 119 first then fine tune to get 110 and 129.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it so far the HD has been awesome if I can just get the channel and guide issues straightened out.
Just for clarification the middle head is for channel 119 correct? Should I try blocking the two outside heads while tuning 119?

Can anyone explain what exactly a switch check does? Thanks

Yes cover with aluminum foil the outer heads--easier than un-cabling them.
Get it to acknowledge 119 in your Menu+6+1+1 screen. Optimize azimuth and elevation.
Then check 110 and 129 and adjust slightly skew if unbalanced and elevation if not as good as 119.
Remember slightly with the foils off. Skew should be close to the number in the screen.
The first 119W adjustment will require bracketing the direction as the scales may be off several degrees.
Just be sure you are adjusting 119W and not another. Should be locked on.
Very important: get the post vertical and solid or it makes this much more difficult.
-Ken

I have dish network, every time I turn my guide on it says "No Information Available" for every channel and every time. I am currently connected to sat. 129 with a 58 signal strength. I can not connect to 110 or 121. I unplugged it waited and plugged it back in and it doesn't help at all, i did a check switch and it gave me a warning stating (That the test has found fewer satellites than previously detected. selecting "save" will result in a loss of channels. press "cancel" to keep the original settings and return to the previous menu. only select "save" if you are sure that this new setting is correct for your installation or you have added or removed equipment.) I don't know what to do to fix it please help!

I had the same issue last night in COlorado. Sounds like DISH Network problem, not an alignment issue.

sorry nobody is answering the question about the check switch test, it confirms that the dish is pointed properly and you are recieving signal from the proper sats

I had the same issue last night in COlorado. Sounds like DISH Network problem, not an alignment issue.

Do you mean that your guide had no information or you can't lock in to 110 and 119? What receiver do you have? I didn't notice anything on my 922 last night but I am setup with eastern arc due to NLOS. If he is only getting 129 he won't be able to access the guide.

Do you mean that your guide had no information or you can't lock in to 110 and 119? What receiver do you have? I didn't notice anything on my 922 last night but I am setup with eastern arc due to NLOS. If he is only getting 129 he won't be able to access the guide.

After about 9:00 all channels had "No information Available", in the guide, for all future times.

After about 9:00 all channels had "No information Available", in the guide, for all future times.

Run a check switch test (menu-6-1-1-check switch-test). This should force the EPG to download again. There were no known guide outages here in Colorado last night (my receiver was working fine on Western Arc)

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it so far the HD has been awesome if I can just get the channel and guide issues straightened out.
Just for clarification the middle head is for channel 119 correct? Should I try blocking the two outside heads while tuning 119?

Can anyone explain what exactly a switch check does? Thanks
If you are only see 129 in which location is it showing? Position 1 2 or 3. If it is showing in the 1 then you will need to go E & up (from behind the dish). If it's 3 the right and down.

Well I am definitely getting frustrated at this point. I have set satellites up at my camper without a problem but for the life of me I can't get this thing set up. The post is perfectly level and I can get 119 and 110 with signals in the 80's however I can't get 129 at all. Then if I find 129 with signal strength of 68 I can't even get a signal for 119 or 110. I can't figure it out. I realy can't figure out how I can have one or the other but not even the possibility of both at the same time. I mean I can't even find a low strength signal to work with but when the Azimuth Elevation and Skew are correct I have 119 and 110 great and then when I want to get 129 I have to lower the elevation slightly and set the skew to 110 vs 133. By the way 119 showing up in slot 1 and 110 is showing up in slot 2 and slot three doesn't even show anything when I can't find 129.

My dish sits along a tree line on a post in the ground but it is pointed out across an open field with a few small trees. Is it possibly backed up to close to the tree line? By the way when I have 119 and 110 I have the full guide but I am missing almost all my hidef channels and locals. I will try to post a picture of where the dish is sitting.

IMG_5769.JPGIMG_5767.JPGIMG_5768.JPG here is where my satellite is located just wondering if it is too close to the trees and needs to be moved?

I should have added when I can't get 129 and the satellite is set to 129 it says 119 west wrong satellite at the bottom

You do not need to worry about what the bottom says. Get a signal on the 129 bar and then run the check switch test. What happens when you finish the test? Do you get the 536 error message, "You have fewer satellites then previously detected?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts