Guide from the Hopper to the Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
I just got the Hopper and created a customized guide removing the stuff I don't want to see. However, this custom guide isn't seen by the joey and it seemed the only way to get this custom guide to the joey was to manually replicate it.
Another post indicated one could propagate the custom guide to the joey via un-pairing and repairing the remote from the hopper. Really? this is the only way to accomplish this?
Does this mean custom guide info is stored in the remote and not in the hopper?
How does one go about accomplishing this? Are there instructions available somewhere to do this?
I don't think I want to call customer support about this, satellite guys has been much better.

I just got the Hopper and created a customized guide removing the stuff I don't want to see. However, this custom guide isn't seen by the joey and it seemed the only way to get this custom guide to the joey was to manually replicate it.
Another post indicated one could propagate the custom guide to the joey via un-pairing and repairing the remote from the hopper. Really? this is the only way to accomplish this?
Does this mean custom guide info is stored in the remote and not in the hopper?
How does one go about accomplishing this? Are there instructions available somewhere to do this?
I don't think I want to call customer support about this, satellite guys has been much better.
Have you read this thread? Is this what you are posting a about? http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/favorites-disappearing.346711/

The Hopper was designed as a whole home DVR, and it seems as if the engineers envisioned each Joey being in a different person's room, and so it seemed logical with the belief that each Joey is designed for "independent" viewing by different people, it would have seemed absurd to have EPG Custom Lists duplicated across all or even selected Joeys. Dish probably thought that those who wanted to duplicate EPG Custom Lists were going to be extremely rare, but I think Dish goofed on this. After all, the Joeys were for Bobby, Marcia, Peter, and Jan who would want their own Custom List, not someone else's. Mmm, but there are more people who want an identical EPG Custom Lists across one or more Joey's than Dish may have thought (I'm sure one person on the Echostar star team mentioned this but was probably poo-poohed by the others in the team).

Well, add me to the list of those who would love the ability to COPY my EPG Custom List from my Hopper to MY Joey in the bedroom, and for another household member to copy their Hopper EPG Custom List to their Joey in their bedroom. Yes, I just had to take the time and do my best and re-create the list on 2 Joeys that are mine. WHAT A PAIN!

OK, Dish, I've seen a number of people on this forum post that they would like the ability to copy their EPG Custom Lists to Joeys. How about working on providing such a feature. I believe this would please a great many people and is NOT rare that people want to copy their EPG Custom Lists to Joeys. It does take considerable time and effort to create a custom list consisting of HUNDREDS of channels for those with high subscription tiers. Any movement from Dish on this would be appreciated.

Reactions: ekilgus
It took me less than 10 minutes to build my custom list, and I didn't lock out many channels. Are you researching each channel before selecting it?

Not exactly "time consuming"... And hell, may want to have it slightly different at one location. I typically don't watch primetime shows in my bedroom, but do in my living room. I think there are so many things one could and would do, that it would not benefit the company to implement that, nor would people really be satisfied anyways. Just look at the implementation of the hopper integration. People still complained about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts