guide info off air-what do these channels have in common

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eastern OR

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I've suddenly noticed that a bunch of channels are listed as off air in my guide as of late this evening. This is the case on all 3 301's and the 522. I've rebooted the receivers and no change. I've done a check switch and guide download on the 522 and no change.

Here is a partial list of the channels.

106 TVland
107 Cmdy
108 life
132 TCM
139 TBS
159 SITV
162 VH1
208 CNBC
209 MSNBC
225 B&F
262 Angel
309 HBO2W
311 Max-W

A few 400, 500, and 900 channels at random
24 6000 range Sirius Channels

Any thoughts anyone?

cheers,
Eastern

I checked my guide this morning and seen the same thing on most of the channels listed in this post, I tried watching about six of the channels and on everyone of the six I got a black screen and after about 10 seconds it came up with the box that says acquiring satellite signal which continued to flicker on and off, I got into the menu and did a check switch and that came back fine and then I tried the channels again and they were working. I called dish and they told me one of the satellites has a power problem and they are still working on it. It seems very funny that these channels were listed as be Off Air many hours before this power problem happened, (what do you think)...

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

I've had dish network for over 6 years with the original 4700 upgraded series
and have noticed "info not available" an hour ahead of what I'm watching now.
The "info downloading...wait or cancel" just clicks off after a few seconds with nothing but "info not available" shown on all of the channel lines.
I called up 800-333-dish and chose to get technical assistance and ended up
speaking to a very apologetic, yet helpful lady who walked me through the setup process and determined that I needed to replace my receiver.
( this is the reason that I joined Satellite Guys today, to see if anyone may know what was going on )
Anyway, after about 15 minutes of this, they are going to waive the fees and send me a replacement receiver, FedEx this week, and I need to return my original unit to them, postage paid, in the box it comes in. There didn't seem to be anything else that they could do, and if this works...fine by me.
You might try calling up your provider, to see if they can help you out in this way as well. I will also post the results of what happens when I get the new one.
This is a really cool sight, I didn't even know it existed.

Oh, I forgot (told you I am new)
I was getting the "channel off air" as well. I pulled out the smart card to reset it,
but that didn't help, so I called dish network and they said they were going through some sort of upgrade... and the channels returned within 20 minutes or so. Has anyone not had the channels return again?

Well I was amazed. FedEx delivered the replacement tuner from Texas overnight. After calling to have it activated, it functions just fine.
I'll wait to see if there are charges on my bill or not for the service.
The box it came in had a return UPS label back to El Paso, so we dropped it off and that didn't cost anything. All in all, I think it's grrrrreat.
Thank You Dish Network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts