Guide info working on 103 DW-TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Just an FYI for anybody with c-band who wants to try out the programming guide on DW-TV. It IS mostly in the German language though.

Also, Russia Today on G19 Ku loads guide. Many other channels listed, but no, or little, program info.

It IS mostly in the German language though.
Only on the German programming. The Spanish and English program info is in their respective languages.

...And have you noticed how detailed the descriptions are? I've never seen such long-winded descriptions on a program guide. They could serve as a model for other stations.

Only on the German programming. The Spanish and English program info is in their respective languages.

...And have you noticed how detailed the descriptions are? I've never seen such long-winded descriptions on a program guide. They could serve as a model for other stations.

Just glanced at it, good to know there's some of it I can read, haha. They did seem to have good information.

DW-TV's verbosity in their EPG shouldn't be a surprise to anyone familiar with their monthly novels-- er, program guides that have been available in pdf format for ever.

DW-TV NORTH AMERICA monthly Program schedule

Highly recommend DW-TV. They do about 28 original English language programs a week in addition to their news broadcasts at the top of the hour which either feature expanded business coverage or a feature story, and maybe a third of it isn't just German propaganda. :p

I put up my first C Band dish just for DW-TV and Deutsche Welle Radio. I listen and watch every single day. I was first introduced to it, back when it was Deutsche Welle TV, because it was simulcasted late at night on the Pennsylvania Cable Network which is on cable systems here in PA. It still is, and PCN is on AMC6 or AMC9. It's because of DW-TV and Deutsche Welle Radio that I'm may live in Germany someday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)