Guide & My Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GraphicFunn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Pan Handle WV
I have some questions about the guide. I am a long time DTV user but new to HD and the new boxes. I have the premier package and HD receivers HR24 & HR34.

. I am a little confused about the guide and the channels that show up. I was trying to program the guide so I just see the channels I usually watch. So I started out by setting it to all my channels and then I went through and picked the ones I wanted. No problem. My confusion came when I selected a couple channels such as 563 which shows up as a channel I get but when I try to go to the channel it says I am not subscribed to it. When I look online at the guide and "my channels" there I do not see this channel listed. But it is listed on the receiver guide? It seems that "channels I get" should only show ones I get without paying extra for them if that is what these are.

. I do not see channel 563 in the list of my channels on the DTV online list of channels but it is listed in "all the channels". Which contradicts my receiver guide information. How can I tell what package this channel is in? The list of packages online only gives the channel name not the number so is there a list of channels with their numbers other than the only guide like a cross reference list?

. When I am looking at the custom guide I have set up I see a listing for DTV Cinema but I did not select this channel to show up. How do I remove it from the list? It looks more like an ad than just a listing in the guide. Is this a PPV channel or a free one or what?

. When I pick the guide I want to view it says All Channels numbers 778 and channels I get numbers 748. What are those other 30 channels, PPV and subscription channels like adult etc?

thx for your help,
Jerry

Channel 563 (Sony HD) is in the add on HD package, the add on is $4.99. This is a 9 HD channel add on featuring SonyHD, Hallmark Movie HD, HD Net Movies, MGM HD, Universal HD, Smithsonian HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Palladia, and Shorts HD.

DTV Cinema are the DirecTV PPV channels, and yes there are a bunch of them.

John

The "Channels I Get" option has never really worked accurately. You'll want to set up a custom list and just add what you want. PPV banner ads will still appear in the guide no matter what you do.

KasumiX said:
The "Channels I Get" option has never really worked accurately. You'll want to set up a custom list and just add what you want. PPV banner ads will still appear in the guide no matter what you do.

Not true on PPV banner ads still appearing, just remove all PPV channels and banner ads disappear,but you still see banner ads for certain channels or premiers.

If you add only ch 125 of the PPV channels, it leaves the "watch instantly" pictures which effectively allows you to see what's on PPV but not have it listed 400 times.

Thanks John. I now see the HD package listed as a Premium on the DTV website. DTV says the Premier package includes all premium movie channels so they must not consider this a movie channel.
I thought the HD package was what the advanced receiver (HD) charge is for, no? If not since HD is supposed to be free for life what is the advanced receiver charge covering? I thought it was for the HD package.

thx,
Jerry

Channel 563 (Sony HD) is in the add on HD package, the add on is $4.99. This is a 9 HD channel add on featuring SonyHD, Hallmark Movie HD, HD Net Movies, MGM HD, Universal HD, Smithsonian HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Palladia, and Shorts HD.

Add the HD Extras online. It is free for 3 months. 2 months and 29 days later, cancel it online. It is automatically available for another free 3 months. Repeat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)