Guide only showing local channels

TomT127

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2014
Sugar Land, TX
And VOD but none of my America's Top 200 or HBO that I recently subscribed to. Is there a way to force a new guide to download?

And VOD but none of my America's Top 200 or HBO that I recently subscribed to. Is there a way to force a new guide to download?
Are the locals over OTA or satellite? Do you only see VOD's and the infomercial channels? If so sounds like an authorization issue, you might need to call Dish or send yourself a HIT (https://my.dish.com/myaccount/dishoutdoors , The "wake up receivers" option)

Finally was able to get a Dish tech to reset my guide. Did not know if there was a way I could do it. Apparently not. Working now although HBO shows haven't completely shown up for later tonight. Hopefully will reset completely by tomorrow.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you have a Hopper series receiver you can always force an update of the Guide.
1) Press the Home button 3 times to get to the diagnostics screen
2) Select Tools from the list on the right
3) Select Guide Update
4) Select Yes
The Guide will update. It may take a minute or two to start the update.
You can watch a program while the Guide updates. You will see a pop up bar graph showing the Guide update progress.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If you have a Hopper series receiver you can always force an update of the Guide.
1) Press the Home button 3 times to get to the diagnostics screen
2) Select Tools from the list on the right
3) Select Guide Update
4) Select Yes
The Guide will update. It may take a minute or two to start the update.
You can watch a program while the Guide updates. You will see a pop up bar graph showing the Guide update progress.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Thanks. That worked.

Reactions: Bobby
Yep, anyone can. Just cant change your address.
OK; I'll try it to see if I can get the old EHD from my 612 working. The only complication I see is that I have a 6TB Seagate online right now, and I've never gotten both it and my other/working 1.5TB drive both online together. :( I may have to unplug my Seagate before the resurrection ceremony.

Are the locals over OTA or satellite? Do you only see VOD's and the infomercial channels? If so sounds like an authorization issue, you might need to call Dish or send yourself a HIT (https://my.dish.com/myaccount/dishoutdoors , The "wake up receivers" option)
OK; I'll try it to see if I can get the old EHD from my 612 working. The only complication I see is that I have a 6TB Seagate online right now, and I've never gotten both it and my other/working 1.5TB drive both online together. :( I may have to unplug my Seagate before the resurrection ceremony.
OK, I plugged in my disappearing 1.5TB EHD. It did not show up. I rebooted the H3, and it still didn't show up. I tried the Wake Up Receivers option. Still no 1.5TB EHD. I rebooted again. No change; my 6TB is still there. I will unplug it and see what happens. Still no 1.5TB. Rebooting the H3 yet again. Crap. No EHDs at all! (Expected the 6TB to disappear.) Let me try the Wake Up Receivers command again. It says "Wait up to 5 minutes for service to return". Still nothing. I will do one more reboot and if this doesn't help, I'm screwed on that old 1.5TB ERD from my 612 days. Nope. I'll leave it this way for a few hours before plugging the 6TB drive in again, just in case it takes awhile to show up.

• Sad
Holy Mary mother of God, my old EHD has come online! I don't know when this happened, but I think it took awhile. Thanks Ethan for this handy tip. Were you the one who also told us a hit would restore old EHDs? If so, many more thanks. :D

Finally was able to get a Dish tech to reset my guide. Did not know if there was a way I could do it. Apparently not. Working now although HBO shows haven't completely shown up for later tonight. Hopefully will reset completely by tomorrow.
HBO has been missing from the guide for a few weeks now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)