GUIDE PROBLEM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
Is anybody else having a problem with distant guide programming? Today, Tuesday morning, my guide information ends on Saturday morning with the information saying "To Be Announced". I rebooted (unplugged from the wall) to no avail. Just wondering if I should call Directv or if just a known glitch.

I believe there is a code you can enter on your remote to force an update. My system is SD, (working great) if you have HD your system may work different.

You may have to wait 24-48 hours for the guide data to fully populate.
The reason I rebooted was because I noticed this problem last night. All channels including locals and all premium channels. I've never had this problem before. Just wondering if I'm alone here.

Again, you may have to wait a full 24 to 48 hours for guide data to repopulate fully. It will populate the first 24 hours immediately, but for the rest of the 14 day guide does take 24 -48 hours to populate. Sometimes it does take time. I haven't seen any issues on my HR54

The issue started before I unplugged and did a cold reboot. If you are not having the same problem then I may have a reason for concern. I'll wait 48 hours and see what happens. Up until last night I could go out 8 or more days. Suddenly last night I could only go out 4 days.

I should have initially mentioned that I have the HR54/C61K. It is now Wednesday 9 am. I just checked and at 5 pm on Saturday the guide shows "To Be Announced" .

could be an alignment issue
how are your signals?
i cant recall what sat the guide data comes from, maybe someone else will know

No, it's not alignment. just leave it alone and it should fill in.

Well I decided to go ahead and call Directv. What a joke. Now I'm wishing I had just stayed with Dish. After explaining that I did a cold reboot 48 hours ago and that the guide still only goes out about 90 hours then says To be Announced, she tells me that Directv has no control over the guide information. I asked her if she could flash my HR54 which she then did to no avail. So she had me run a diagnostic check and up popped error code 41-584 which tells me there is an alignment or cable issue and to call Directv. She then tells me she'll have to set up a service call. Then she comes back and asks me when I had my last service call. I tell her that I've had several service calls since I became a client in November because of issues about not getting my 4K channels (See several threads here about that). She now must turn it over some other department because I've had too many service calls in a certain period of time and that they would call me within 24 hours. Some History now. So the first installer (November 28) says to wait 48 hours for the C61K to start working. Still not working 48 hours later so I call back and he comes out and installs another C61K which also doesn't work after I wait another 48 hours (this was an installer through Costco). Then I call the AT&T number and they send out a tech that installs a third C61K which actually works. He told me the C61K is buggy and that some work and some don't ( I still have sever sound drop and pixilation with the new working C61K, also a known issue here on this site. So now I wait to hear from that next department which I can't remember the name of. I wish that this Directv forum had something like the DIRT team over on the Dish Forum.

Do you have a 3LNB dish (one "eye") or a 5LNB (three "eyes"). Go into sat setup and make sure the correct dish type is set.

Do you have a 3LNB dish (one "eye") or a 5LNB (three "eyes"). Go into sat setup and make sure the correct dish type is set.
Yes it's the correct Dish. I have no problem getting the 4K channels, 104, 105, 106. Also the guide was fine up until Monday. In setup it shows the SL3LNB, Reverse Band, SWM LNB 22 CH

Go through sat setup again, making sure you go all the way to the end. With the new LNBs, sometimes if you stop after the receiver autodetects, things don't get set up correctly.

Well I decided to go ahead and call Directv. What a joke. Now I'm wishing I had just stayed with Dish. After explaining that I did a cold reboot 48 hours ago and that the guide still only goes out about 90 hours then says To be Announced, she tells me that Directv has no control over the guide information. I asked her if she could flash my HR54 which she then did to no avail. So she had me run a diagnostic check and up popped error code 41-584 which tells me there is an alignment or cable issue and to call Directv. She then tells me she'll have to set up a service call. Then she comes back and asks me when I had my last service call. I tell her that I've had several service calls since I became a client in November because of issues about not getting my 4K channels (See several threads here about that). She now must turn it over some other department because I've had too many service calls in a certain period of time and that they would call me within 24 hours. Some History now. So the first installer (November 28) says to wait 48 hours for the C61K to start working. Still not working 48 hours later so I call back and he comes out and installs another C61K which also doesn't work after I wait another 48 hours (this was an installer through Costco). Then I call the AT&T number and they send out a tech that installs a third C61K which actually works. He told me the C61K is buggy and that some work and some don't ( I still have sever sound drop and pixilation with the new working C61K, also a known issue here on this site. So now I wait to hear from that next department which I can't remember the name of. I wish that this Directv forum had something like the DIRT team over on the Dish Forum.
So after all the calling you did, you found out exactly what you already heard from those of us in the D* forum.

You said it was a Joke ... no its not ... the guys here have been telling you to wait for the guide to populate, but you not patient enough, so you have her do something to the recvr .... why I'm not sure ... if your waiting for your guide to populate and you had her refresh the recvr, thats what she probably did, now you get to start your time frame over.

The 61k being buggy, you knew that from the beginning ... or should have ...

First off Jimbo, ALL the calling I did, really, all the calling I did, equals one single call today. I'm not sure why you felt the need to blast me with such a rude and condescending response. Why do you say I was not patient enough?I waited the suggested 48 hours to see if the guide would populate itself. I've been around here for over 15 years and always try to learn from others experiences, especially since I've been away from Directv fo 8 years or so. I have always come here to Satellite Guys for Dish and Directv problems to be solved before I call anyone and I did wait the suggested 48 hours before I called Directv. As I mentioned, after 48 hours there was no difference in my guide. If you read what I said then you'll see the receiver test did detect an error in my set up, which answers your question as to why I asked her to do something to my receiver in the first place and I even gave you the error number. Now Directv wants to send out another tech to fix the guide problem. According to Directv my guide it will not populate until the error problem is fixed. FYI, when I said "what a joke", I was referring to the way the conversation with the rep evolved, and the fact that my service call request has been sent to another department apparently because I've had a recent service call within the last 30 days. Doesn't matter that that service call was to replace faulty equipment and that the latest tech found that the original Costco related installer made several mistakes which he in turn fixed.

Reactions: spiderman865
First off Jimbo, ALL the calling I did, really, all the calling I did, equals one single call today. I'm not sure why you felt the need to blast me with such a rude and condescending response. Why do you say I was not patient enough?I waited the suggested 48 hours to see if the guide would populate itself. I've been around here for over 15 years and always try to learn from others experiences, especially since I've been away from Directv fo 8 years or so. I have always come here to Satellite Guys for Dish and Directv problems to be solved before I call anyone and I did wait the suggested 48 hours before I called Directv. As I mentioned, after 48 hours there was no difference in my guide. If you read what I said then you'll see the receiver test did detect an error in my set up, which answers your question as to why I asked her to do something to my receiver in the first place and I even gave you the error number. Now Directv wants to send out another tech to fix the guide problem. According to Directv my guide it will not populate until the error problem is fixed. FYI, when I said "what a joke", I was referring to the way the conversation with the rep evolved, and the fact that my service call request has been sent to another department apparently because I've had a recent service call within the last 30 days. Doesn't matter that that service call was to replace faulty equipment and that the latest tech found that the original Costco related installer made several mistakes which he in turn fixed.
Sorry guy,
I didn't mean to be that harsh ...
My point was that everything you've been told here is the same you were told by D*.

I do not do D* installs professionally, but there are guys here, Texasbrit and others that do are trying to help you the best they can without being there.

As for the guide, this happened on another recvr years ago, but I don't remember what the answer was.

Your using the 3 lnb set up so the guide has to be getting to you as it comes off one of the ones your seeing now.
It was the 101, but now with the newer stuff they may have changed it to one of the HD sats, Tex would know better than me.

I have had the issue your having (not with a 54 mind you) and its just a case of being patient ... if your a week out, you'd think that would be sufficient till the rest does populate as you can make sure all your stuff is set up to record for the next week.
It Will finish populating if you don't keep resetting it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)